Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

How does your ifs front end hold up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 09:48 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Default How does your ifs front end hold up?

Hey guys I do a ton of reading on this forum and Internet about our trucks and just wanted to get some feedback. I currently have a 2014 supercrew 4x4 F150 with a 6.5" Mcgauhy lift on 35s. I really feel like this truck is way more solid and durable than any of my past 1/2 ton trucks (Chevy and dodge) but was wondering how they hold up over time with 35-37s on the ifs. I was always around lifted trucks and offroad growing up and was programmed that solid axle is the way to go and hold up more. I personally don't offroad much with mine but daily drive it and have it setup for recovery because I usually get the call to pull out or tow a friends truck home. I know some of you offroad our trucks pretty hard just wanted to hear about how well they hold up with ifs. I kinda had my eye on a power wagon but really love my f150.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just adding my experience...I have a 2014 f150 5.0 short bed with raptor wheels and 315/70r17 tires bfg all terrains and up until this past weekend completely stock suspension. I have taken my truck off some fire roads and some technical trails around big bear. The stock suspension held up fine and didn't have any issues with the bigger tires and off road abuse. Only reason I upgraded to an icon stage 2 suspension set up was because i got a killer deal for the setup. Obviously the new suspension is far superior to the stock one but I loved wheeling my truck in stock form. Only thing now is I need to get some armor and she will be ready for anything. Have fun and enjoy your truck.