Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

HIDS for offroad

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIDS for offroad

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with using Hids lights for offroad uses. I was looking specifically at these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-7-inche...-/400636350440 Because I thought the price was good and have heard good things about Hids but not too much on how they do for offroad purposes. Thanks!
-Joe
Old 04-18-2017, 02:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm always a bit leery of no-name electronics. Never heard of "GP Thunder" maybe someone else has. I bought 4 KC Pro-Sports for my F150, but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. Considerably more money, but 23 year warranty, or something like that.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

As wild said, avoid the "no name" ones. We sell Baja Designs who make some of (if not THE best) LED/HID offroad lights. HID was very popular but LED seems to be taking over... however there is still a market in HID offroad lighting. I think the offroad community is moving over to LED because of the durability... LED's can take a beating and the harsh/wet environments.

We don't list the HID items on our site but check them out here: https://www.bajadesigns.com/hid-ligh...Spotlights.asp

Then PM us letting us know what you want and we can price it out for you.

They don't have TOO Many items these days, since LED is taking over and their XL80 line is REALLY BRIGHT stuff... but they have some 6" lights still and 4"