Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

*HELP* Engine after mudding

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Hokie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation *HELP* Engine after mudding

ok so i went mudding/off roading/ and crawling last saturday and it was a blast, i got mud everywhere, even on the roof.

thats basically the good so heres the bad

the "mud" was really just extremely muddy water..

the ENTIRE engine was covered in a thin film of the mud from when the water evaporated. there has been alot of noise coming from the engine compartment since then. it is like a "dirt in the bearings" type noise, almost the same noise as a twin screw supercharger, its not a grinding, not a whineing but more of a somethings got dirt in it that it shouldnt.

so i pressure washed the entire truck, top, bottom, undercarriage, engine compartment, wheel wells, you name it. and nothing has changed with this noise.

what should i do? im sending her in for scheduled service on friday but i wanna see if i should be lubing something or if the problem is bigger than that.

thanks in advance!

-Will
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im no mechanic but sounds like something with your accessory belt/pulleys. make sure theres no mud in there and try to lube the bearings. I had a squeaky pulley about a week ago and i just put some grease on everything and let it sit. its not a permanent fix but its quiet for now.

Quick Reply: *HELP* Engine after mudding