Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

F150 to Raptor suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F150 to Raptor suspension question

Well I sold my 2009 fx4 5.4 (6" on 35s) and picked up a 2012 ecoboost 4x4. I would like to do a more functional build for offroading. I have installed a camburg 2.5 kit (upper control arm 1.25 uniball, king 2.5 coilovers, fox 2.0 rears). I am now interested in going with raptor length lower control arms (oem or aftermarket). I know most of the necessities that come along with that (cv axles, tie rods, brake lines).

However I cant figure out if its possible to use the camburg upper control arms I have with the raptor setup?
Also will my king coilovers that came with the 2.5 kit be long enough?

I would hate to have to sell what I just bought. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 03-28-2017, 10:23 AM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

No it will not!

The Camburg UCA is an OEM replacement UCA. Stock width and length.

The OEM Raptor LCA is longer and wider than your current stock LCA.

You will need Raptor UCA's to work with the Raptor LCA's or you can go with our Prerunner Kit that work for both the F150 and Raptor!

As for the shocks, your King 2.5's will not fit the Raptor LCA as well. You will need Raptor Coilovers as the lower mounts are different.

The following users liked this post:
sigma pi (04-03-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Kits
No it will not!

You will need Raptor UCA's to work with the Raptor LCA's or you can go with our Prerunner Kit that work for both the F150 and Raptor!

As for the shocks, your King 2.5's will not fit the Raptor LCA as well. You will need Raptor Coilovers as the lower mounts are different.

Thanks for the response and info! I figured that was the case but was hoping I wouldnt have to ditch my UCA and coilovers I just bought. Looks like I will be upgrading. Also great work on the black ecoboost with the 2015 conversion , I would like to do the same with my 2012.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by TahoeFab
Thanks for the response and info! I figured that was the case but was hoping I wouldnt have to ditch my UCA and coilovers I just bought. Looks like I will be upgrading. Also great work on the black ecoboost with the 2015 conversion , I would like to do the same with my 2012.
You can PM, EMail or Call me if you have any other questions!

Thanks

JT
Old 04-03-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 151 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Kits
No it will not!

I thought the coil over mounts on both the stock 11-whenever F150s and the Raptors were the same. Obviously the geometry is different and a Raptor 2.5 is too long to go into a stock setup, but it should bolt onto an F150 LCA if the truck is lifted. The King 2.5 would be too short for a Raptor LCA and UCA I presume, but again it should bolt into the LCA, right?
Only reason I'm asking is because I wanted to find a set of Raptor 2.5 take offs and put them in to replace the coil spacer on a 4" BDS lift.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by BC119
I thought the coil over mounts on both the stock 11-whenever F150s and the Raptors were the same. Obviously the geometry is different and a Raptor 2.5 is too long to go into a stock setup, but it should bolt onto an F150 LCA if the truck is lifted. The King 2.5 would be too short for a Raptor LCA and UCA I presume, but again it should bolt into the LCA, right?
Only reason I'm asking is because I wanted to find a set of Raptor 2.5 take offs and put them in to replace the coil spacer on a 4" BDS lift.
No they are not. Mounts are different.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 254 Likes on 210 Posts

Mounts changed in 2014, a 2012 has the same mount as a raptor. We know because plenty of guys have used raptor coilovers on 4" lifted trucks at mid perch.