Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Donuts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donuts?

Didnt really know where else to post this so I figured this would be the most appropriate place. Is it back to do donuts with your truck on gravel? Me and my friends like to do this and trucks work so good because they are rwd. I dont think there is any problems but wanted to ask just to be sure. Thanks!
-Joe
Old 11-06-2016, 05:57 PM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

It's not bad unless something bad happens... I've heard stories of people doing donuts, gaining speed, having the tires catch on a rut of something and the truck actually rolling. i believe you are the same guy asking about mudding and not wanting to hear what people had to say about breaking things, the same applies to doing donuts or off roading. There's always an outside chance of breaking things when you do things like that with your truck.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:07 PM

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

For safety sakes, just make sure no one is standing around or have any other vehicles parked nearby; on gravel you could pick up and throw a stone and either hurt someone or damage another vehicle.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:12 PM

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

There are things that can happen that are bad. Things can break. Parts wear out faster. You can lose control of the vehicle. Donuts, mudding, all that type of stuff is fun. But there is also a reason most people do that type of stuff in an old "beater".
Old 11-06-2016, 10:08 PM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

Lad, if you think you're going to get someone with any experience to fill your pockets full of sunshine and tell you that you can do anything you want with impunity, you're not only young, but very very naïve.

You want to dance, you're going to have to pay the band at some point.

I had an old Scout years ago. I did all the "fun" things with it. I also broke every single component on it at least once... Consider it the "cost of doing business".

I play with my '13 F150. I know the potential consequences. I accept that, but it won't stop me from having fun.
The following users liked this post:
Trea (11-10-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 09:33 AM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Young_ford_fanatic
Didnt really know where else to post this so I figured this would be the most appropriate place. Is it back to do donuts with your truck on gravel? Me and my friends like to do this and trucks work so good because they are rwd. I dont think there is any problems but wanted to ask just to be sure. Thanks!
-Joe
No problems other then axles...bearings...tires...limited slip clutches and the chance of wrecking the truck. Fun can be expensive!!
Old 11-07-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

When you do stupid ****, bad **** can happen, doesn't matter whether you're doing it in a truck, car, Jeep, snowmobile or a shopping cart.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:03 PM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

Gravel is possibly the worst surface for donuts IMO. Besides kicking up rocks all over the rear and or side of the truck, the rocks fly every direction around your circles.

Mud, sand, dirt, all much better than gravel. If you want to step your game up to pavement, practice on wet until your confident in your skills.

Donuts are much easier in a V8 car.....
Old 11-07-2016, 01:17 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Somehow the words "skills" and "donuts" don't belong together.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

It"s ok if you dont mind the Sh*t happens part and your paying the bill and not dear ol dad. but on the bright side if you survive your youth maybe you will out grow it.