Dagnabbit! I wanna selectable locker for my 8.8 Super - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Off-Road Section
Dagnabbit! I wanna selectable locker for my 8.8 Super > Dagnabbit! I wanna selectable locker for my 8.8 Super
Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section

Dagnabbit! I wanna selectable locker for my 8.8 Super

Old 01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
DOHC 4-valve V8

Default Dagnabbit! I wanna selectable locker for my 8.8 Super

But geee willikers! there don't seem to be any yet available for this 2015+ model year F150 8.8 Super... there's a Torsen made for the Mustang IRS' 8.8 Super, but that is a different diff housing.

Wish I could chuck an OX in there. I like the road manners of the open diff but want a spool for certain sections of slow trail.

Dagnabbit. :-|
Old 01-11-2018, 08:14 PM

The True-Trac is a very similar design to the Torsen (just slightly simplified) and does a great job for everything except actually hanging a wheel in the air. I have a True-Trac in the '05 and an E-lock in the '13. I like the TT better. Especially in wet or icy conditions. I'm contemplating pulling the E-lock out of the '13 and putting a TT in it's place. Then I want to put a Raptor/Torsen in the front.

Last edited by PerryB; 01-11-2018 at 08:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PerryB For This Useful Post:
Apples (01-11-2018)

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: