Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Controlled LED Lights

Old 06-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controlled LED Lights

Hello, I am a new member so I'm not sure if I am doing this right... So today I was putting on a pair of 2 inch square LED lights on my fx4. As I was doing that I was thinking of finding a way to mount the lights near the hood or somewhere around there and creating a way to control where the lights point from a joystick in the car or something. I could figure out how to do side to side with a small stepper motor or something like that. But I can't think of a way to go up and down as well as side to side. Has anyone else tried?
Old 06-05-2016, 10:16 AM
JJM

Received 180 Likes on 136 Posts

You mean you'll actually be using your lights to see things in the dark? Oh boy. There's a forum member/vendor who seems to think how a light looks on your truck is more important than what kind of light it puts out.

But I digress...

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through. You might want to look into a spotlight. Either door mounted (like unity) or magnet mount (like golight).
Old 06-07-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Look around on the jeep products they have them that are motorized and controlled by a switch, I think 4wheelparts sells them. I can't think of the brand

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Controlled LED Lights