Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Coilovers with 6 inch lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers with 6 inch lift

I'm looking to get rid of the strut extender that came with my zone lift kit and add 6-inch coilover dirt logic suspension will I be able to bolt it right up or do I need extra parts.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

All you need to do is put the truck on a lift and droop out your suspension.

You will need to measure from eye to eye and find out what the extended length is.

Then you can contact any Shock company...King, Icon, Fox, Dirt Logic etc...and have them custom build you a coilover.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I plan to get rid of my strut spacer and install these coilovers made for 6 inch lift. I'm going to do my UCA's at the same time since I will have it all apart.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/88...Lift-Kits.html
Old 08-09-2018, 02:02 PM

Received 391 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Al_Maryland
I plan to get rid of my strut spacer and install these coilovers made for 6 inch lift. I'm going to do my UCA's at the same time since I will have it all apart.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/88...Lift-Kits.html
^^^^^ Those are awesome. I have them on my 2015.

OP, that's what I was going to recommend as well.

Here's the version I have, for my year truck:

https://www.stage3motorsports.com//8...Lift-Kits.html

Last edited by Florida_F150; 08-09-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:24 PM

Florida F150.......what lift do you have, been trying to order the 6" 2.5' coil overs but everyone tells me im going to have issues and i just dont understand why.....

.,...all the reasons make no sense to me???

i have 2015 4X4 with the (auto "4a") trans...

lift has no name / no marks but is properly lifted with stock geometry with 6" front bracket using the stock struts.

ive spoken with BDS / FAx and Stage 3 and all say they will not work.

Please kindly advise your setup
Old 12-15-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by $pecial<k>
Florida F150.......what lift do you have, been trying to order the 6" 2.5' coil overs but everyone tells me im going to have issues and i just dont understand why.....

.,...all the reasons make no sense to me???

i have 2015 4X4 with the (auto "4a") trans...

lift has no name / no marks but is properly lifted with stock geometry with 6" front bracket using the stock struts.

ive spoken with BDS / FAx and Stage 3 and all say they will not work.

Please kindly advise your setup
Hey. I have a BDS 6" lift for my 2015 4x4. I agree with you... I'm not sure why they're saying they wouldn't work. What did BDS say as their reason it wouldn't work?
Old 12-15-2018, 01:45 PM

that the mounting points for the struts / coil overs are not the same and that i have the 4a trans......both make absolute no sense.

how does the transmission have anything to do with the struts / coil overs? they had no answer......the 4a option is strictly drive train only?

i stressed that the upper and lower arms are stock........still no answer

i got the feeling that they were just trying to push a new BDS lift!

i want the pull the trigger, there are no returns on these.

are these babies as smooth as expected, my truck now is a wild stallion both front and rear; sitting on 37x13.5's

want to control her bucking and harsh hits.....daily driver 100+ miles a day south Floridian traffic
Old 12-15-2018, 01:53 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

4wd auto uses a different transfer case not a different transmission.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by $pecial<k>
that the mounting points for the struts / coil overs are not the same and that i have the 4a trans......both make absolute no sense.

how does the transmission have anything to do with the struts / coil overs? they had no answer......the 4a option is strictly drive train only?

i stressed that the upper and lower arms are stock........still no answer

i got the feeling that they were just trying to push a new BDS lift!

i want the pull the trigger, there are no returns on these.

are these babies as smooth as expected, my truck now is a wild stallion both front and rear; sitting on 37x13.5's

want to control her bucking and harsh hits.....daily driver 100+ miles a day south Floridian traffic
Agreed again. Sure it's a different transfer case, but to my knowledge, there should be no difference in the front suspension, differential, suspension mounts, etc. If it were me, I'd call BDS back one more time and ask those questions. I've called them several times for other stuff and they've been very helpful and technically knowledgeable. Maybe you caught someone on an off day.

As for the coilovers, they're awesome. I'm running 37 x 12.5 x 18's. Ride is smooth and comfortable. Way better than stock both on and off-road. I have the regular FOX shocks in the rear (the relatively inexpensive FOX upgrade that comes with the lift).
Old 12-15-2018, 02:40 PM

Agreed, maybe did catch him on an off day....

yes it’s just the transfer case that’s different however for whatever reason I was told that I need a coil over for a 2017 / 2018 in order to work “ possibly fit” with the 4a transfer case...and again why? They said changes to mounting points...

off topic are guys eating cv boots on the front drive shaft? I’ve got the spacer but the angle is just horrible comming out of the transfer case....

talked to Tom woods but that’s a decent $ to spend...

Quick Reply: Coilovers with 6 inch lift