Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Coilovers

Old 06-18-2016, 02:20 PM
09 f150 2wd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers

I got a 2009 f150 2wd, I've had 2" level spacers on my truck since I bought it but because of them my upper ball joints are blown, so I have 4" lift spindles, new upper a arms and I'd like to replace my struts with something better like coilovers, I'm in search of something now, if anyone has any forsake let me know, also what's everyone's opinions on coilovers? Thanks!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:42 AM

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Love my Boss coilovers, Fox are probably pretty nice, F150lifts.com has a few options, good people to deal with too. Hopefully someone with some actual technical expertise will chime in.

I think I've read how the coilovers can cause funky CV angles? But since you already have the 4" drop spindles I think you won't have that issue. But I'm not sure and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

The Boss coilovers come in 3-4 standard colors or they can do custom colors if you're interested. Good luck with your research man.
Attached Thumbnails Coilovers-image.jpeg  
Old 06-20-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Nrfool02
I got a 2009 f150 2wd, I've had 2" level spacers on my truck since I bought it but because of them my upper ball joints are blown, so I have 4" lift spindles, new upper a arms and I'd like to replace my struts with something better like coilovers, I'm in search of something now, if anyone has any forsake let me know, also what's everyone's opinions on coilovers? Thanks!
What spindle and UCA do you have?

JT

Last edited by Martian; 06-20-2016 at 11:07 AM. Reason: no advertising outside of the Vendor Showcase

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coilovers