Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Body Lift Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Lift Questions

I have a 2007 F-150 2wd supercrew with a performance accessories 3 inch body lift and recently installed a readylift 2.5 inch leveling kit on the front and 3 inch block kit in the rear. I've recently noticed that the ride has been a lot stiffer and it seems that I feel all the imperfections in the roadway now. I also noticed that the front tires toe-in just slightly. Do you think that after-market perfomance shocks would fix the ride quality, and an alignment would fix the wheel issue? Thank You!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Executive Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I think that's just one of the side effects from what I understand. I don't think there's much fixing it but I definately could be wrong.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

i also had toe problems after my leveling kit. an alignment fixed it for the most part. i was told to wait about a week after leveling kit installation to get an alignment.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdbrooks
I have a 2007 F-150 2wd supercrew with a performance accessories 3 inch body lift and recently installed a readylift 2.5 inch leveling kit on the front and 3 inch block kit in the rear. I've recently noticed that the ride has been a lot stiffer and it seems that I feel all the imperfections in the roadway now. I also noticed that the front tires toe-in just slightly. Do you think that after-market perfomance shocks would fix the ride quality, and an alignment would fix the wheel issue? Thank You!
If your running stock shocks i would definalty invest in some new ones front and rear. Go with shocks for a 3 inch lift. i would recommend the company Rancho for the shocks and yes a alignment would help.

Quick Reply: Body Lift Questions