Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad CV angles with leveling kits?

Old 02-11-2019, 04:07 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Bad CV angles with leveling kits?

Question for you guys with different leveling kits in your truck, how many of you have worn out the CV joint on your front axels ďprematurelyĒ?

Iíve had an Icon Stage 2 kit in my truck for about 2 years now and so far I havenít had any issues, at least that I know of. That being said, I made a video a while back talking about my suspension kit and Iíve seen a lot more comments lately talking about leveling kits jacking up suspension geometry, blah blah blah. I understand why a suspension lift with a differential drop down bracket would be better, at least for driveline angles, but Iím curious given the popularity of leveling kits, how many of you have actually had any issue with CV angles?
Old 02-12-2019, 06:33 AM

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

I have a 2017 with a 2.5" level on puck. Got 30k miles on so far no problem.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Mark

Liked 1,807 Times in 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by FreakFiveOh View Post
Question for you guys with different leveling kits in your truck, how many of you have worn out the CV joint on your front axels ďprematurelyĒ?

Iíve had an Icon Stage 2 kit in my truck for about 2 years now and so far I havenít had any issues, at least that I know of. That being said, I made a video a while back talking about my suspension kit and Iíve seen a lot more comments lately talking about leveling kits jacking up suspension geometry, blah blah blah. I understand why a suspension lift with a differential drop down bracket would be better, at least for driveline angles, but Iím curious given the popularity of leveling kits, how many of you have actually had any issue with CV angles?
Unless you spend a lot of time in 4WD you will not wear out your CV shaft.. What you will wear out is Ball joints upper and lower.
The following users liked this post: techrep
PerryB (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 01:18 PM

Liked 50 Times in 36 Posts

15k miles on my Icon Stage 2s set at about 2 inches, and working like a dream.

I was thinking about all this also before I did my level, and all of the off-road mechanic guys that I talked to said that at 2.5 inches or lower, they had not seen any issues.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:25 PM
Trying to figure it out!

Liked 208 Times in 182 Posts

45,000+ on my 2.5" level and not an issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad CV angles with leveling kits?

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: