Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Any crazy or unusual off road stories or finds?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 10:12 AM
SoFlo5.0_4x4

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Any crazy or unusual off road stories or finds?

Seen one of these threads before. They get pretty crazy. We all know lots of crazy things happen or end up in the woods or more hidden parts of town. Any one ever have any crazy encounters or run across anything unusual?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Bronco II Nut

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

i lived in NW Arkansas for a while as a teen, and found plenty of odd/scary stuff out in the woods and hills.

-saw a tire sticking out of the sand along the arkansas river after high water went down. started digging and found part of the rear axle, then frame. it was a truck, upside down, with its back end sticking up. didn't dig to the cab, afraid of what i would find inside.

-found about 5 dogs with their throats slashed, lined up in a neatly in a row.

-pot farm. kept riding past like i never saw it.

-about 100' of railroad track in the middle of nowhere

-old car with a creepy dude living inside.
The following users liked this post:
Jkry2121 (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 12:52 PM

Received 716 Likes on 425 Posts

When I lived in Houston, before the Bear Creek area was fully built out...I found a body. It was a homeless man who passed away. With all the liquor bottles surrounding him, I suspect he went out pretty happy. We called the sheriff and they took over. I just had to fill out a report of how we came across him.

In Colorado, wheeling with a group of buddies, I climbed to the top of a steep hill in my truck. I did it to get a good pic. When I got to the top, I stopped in time to see that the top had an open mine shaft I could have driven into. That was a close call, it wasn't marked or covered.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:53 AM
SoFlo5.0_4x4

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Wow, that's some pretty crazy stuff. I think I might get a gun before I start doing any serious wheeling. Don't want to risk getting stuck with my girl and having a whole bunch of meth heads or something run up on us.

Last edited by SD_F1504x4; 09-08-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Bronco II Nut

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SD_F1504x4
Wow, that's some pretty crazy stuff. I think I might get a gun before I start doing any serious wheeling. Don't want to risk getting stuck with my girl and having a whole bunch of meth heads or something run up on us.

yeah, i saw the craziest stuff before i even owned a gun. looking back, i'm not sure how i got out of those woods alive, time after time. unarmed damn yankee in the hills of NW arkansas....