Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

6in rough country susp. lift questions ford front ifs

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 07:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 6in rough country susp. lift questions ford front ifs

Hey I recently bought and installed a 6 in kit from RC for f150 or bronco, but I installed the kit on my 86 bronco and am wondering (cause the bronco and f150 are the same basically), why the camber is wayyyyyy off when I first start driving. I got33x12.5x15 tires on and when I'm driving the front tires are riding on the corner of the side wall. I know I need an alignment yet but I need to figure this problem out first.

.does anyone know why this happens? But the thing i s when I back up the tires angle in sitting flat and the truck sits level. When I'm driving for word the front sitts abou t 2in higher than the back. I know pn fords when you back up their is something with the suspension that the tires angle more.

I called RC and they said the springs have to wear in. I this true? He said at least 100miles of driving or take it down a bumpy back road to really help the springs.

Also one more question, some people told me to switch the steer in from bottom to top of knuckle. Is this hard to do? It only looks like I just pop the tie rod off and switch it to the top.

Last edited by |WYG|SS; 09-26-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The springs getting worn in will make a difference but the fords have ttb so you need drop brackets to make your camber right but I'm no expert but I still can't see the springs getting broke in making that much of a difference
Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the same thing I was thinking. I thinking the steering is pulling the tires in like that too so I'm going to do the switch then go to a buddies farm field and try getting the springs to settle. Yeah I got all those drop ackes and stuff. I'm hoping this will work, but its hard to say the springs will drop the 2in they need to.

Quick Reply: 6in rough country susp. lift questions ford front ifs