Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

6" rough country and bilstein 5100??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6" rough country and bilstein 5100??

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I have a 2016 F150 5.0 Screw 2wd. I just put on a 6" rough country lift and overall it's rides and looks pretty good.
I'm super critical of the way my truck sits and can't stand the fact that it still has about 2" of rake between the front and rear. I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if I would be able to use the bilstein 5100 leveling strut with the lift to bring the front end up a little while still being within the acceptable range on the suspension components and still be able to get it aligned.
I would be able to live with about 1" or less of rake but really would like the extra lift to come from the front end. (Not willing to use a smaller rear block)

heres a couple pics:

Old 01-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

Honestly... Why not save some cash and put a shorter block in the rear? Thats still my vote. Blocks are always cheap
Old 01-22-2017, 10:30 AM

I think it makes the truck looks so much smaller overall. I had my brother stand on the rear bumper and it came down to around 10.5" in the rear and overall just looks a lot smaller.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

It should work. You can also try installing struts/springs from a 4x4 and you'll get another 1.5"

I can tell you that the 5100s just came out for 2015+ and they might be hard to come by. Take a look at the Eibach Pro-Truck. Thats what im using on mine and has the same adjustment. You will also need to remove the perch from your stock struts so its a real PITA just to gain a small amount of lift.

You could also try adding a pre-load spacer inside the strut to get some height also. I have some pics of the Eibachs if you check my build thread.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:07 PM

Any idea where I could get a 1'' to 1.5" preload spacer and how would that effect ride quality, angles, alignment? I've also considered swapping for an OEM 4x4 strut assembly all together but haven't heard of anyone doing any of these options on the 14-17's yet. My biggest concern is getting everything back into alignment when its all said and done. I figured it would prob be the "right" way to do this by swapping in a set of 5100's to offset some of the ride quality loss of gaining the extra 1'' or so.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:51 PM

I just read thru your build and those eibachs look like they will do the exact same thing as the 5100's. I looked thru stage3's site but couldn't find them. Do you have a part number and price? Also are your angles and alignment ok with the extra lift from the strut? And how did you remove the spring seat off the OEM strut?
Old 01-22-2017, 05:12 PM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Originally Posted by Rhamm92
I just read thru your build and those eibachs look like they will do the exact same thing as the 5100's. I looked thru stage3's site but couldn't find them. Do you have a part number and price? Also are your angles and alignment ok with the extra lift from the strut? And how did you remove the spring seat off the OEM strut?
Search the 2015+ section for Eibach. I had posted the part numbers before. Once you take the struts out you'll need to compress the springs to break them down. You will need to beat the perch out with a hammer. Same thing on the 5100s you need to reuse the stock perch.

2wd really has no angles to worry about just the ball joints. I have a completely different lift setup and mine has a little more toe than normal.