Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

6 inch zone lift suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 125 Likes on 97 Posts
Default 6 inch zone lift suspension upgrade

Hey guys, love my 2016 2.7 supercrew. I did a 6 inch zone/BDS lift almost a year ago. I do a lot of off-roading. I am looking for the best suspension upgrade I can get without going full baja. I am ready to get the following Upgraded. Does anyone know of any better set up than this?
1- Front upgrade:
A. Fox 2.5 remote reservoir coilovers DSC for 6 inch lifts.
B. Icon upper control arms
2- Rear Fox 2.0 remote reservoir DC for six inch lifts. (Looked for a 2.5 rear for six inch lifts, but was told they don't exist.

Links to reference:

Front Fox DSC:
http://www.stage3motorsports.com//88306114-2014-F150-BDS-Fox-2-5-Remote-Reservoir-Coilovers-for-6-Lift-Kits.html

Icon UCA's:
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/98501-2015-F150-ICON-Tubular-Uniball-Upper-Control-Arms.html

Rear Fox 2.0:
http://www.stage3motorsports.com//985-26-055-2004-2015-F150-FOX-2-0-Factory-Series-Remote-Reseroir-Rear-Shock-6-Lifts.html

This is my setup before this suspension upgrade...Is there any better options anyone knows about before I pull the trigger on this setup?

Old 01-20-2017, 10:24 AM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

Are you looking to keep your lift kit and just add to it?

Upgrading the shocks and UCA will definitely be a big improvement.

What kind of off roading do you do? Having more wheel travel is a plus with off roading. You are limited to that on your current set up.

Our Prerunner kit is by far our most popular kit.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Baja Kits; 01-20-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Baja Kits
Are you looking to keep your lift kit and just add to it?

Upgrading the shocks and UCA will definitely be a big improvement.

What kind of off roading do you do? Have more wheel travel is a plus with off roading. You are limited to that on your current set up.

Our Prerunner kit is by far our most popular kit.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the reply, I am looking to keep the same lift and add to it for now. I love the clearance I am getting with it. I have been doing high speed desert, mountain trails, and snow offroading.
The Baja kits you have are amazing! I am not ready yet to go full baja yet. Still trying to keep the body OEM, but when I do I will be looking your direction. Still am drooling over the pics you posted!

This was two weeks back... snow-wheeling.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:52 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy2016f150
Hey guys, love my 2016 2.7 supercrew. I did a 6 inch zone/BDS lift almost a year ago. I do a lot of off-roading. I am looking for the best suspension upgrade I can get without going full baja. I am ready to get the following Upgraded. Does anyone know of any better set up than this? 1- Front upgrade: A. Fox 2.5 remote reservoir coilovers DSC for 6 inch lifts. B. Icon upper control arms 2- Rear Fox 2.0 remote reservoir DC for six inch lifts. (Looked for a 2.5 rear for six inch lifts, but was told they don't exist. Links to reference: Front Fox DSC: http://www.stage3motorsports.com//88...Lift-Kits.html Icon UCA's: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/985...trol-Arms.html Rear Fox 2.0:http://www.stage3motorsports.com//98...k-6-Lifts.html This is my setup before this suspension upgrade...Is there any better options anyone knows about before I pull the trigger on this setup?
Jw what type of fuel rims are those? They're badass man fr.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:33 AM

Thanks for the reply, I am looking to keep the same lift and add to it for now. I love the clearance I am getting with it. I have been doing high speed desert, mountain trails, and snow offroading.
The Baja kits you have are amazing! I am not ready yet to go full baja yet. Still trying to keep the body OEM, but when I do I will be looking your direction. Still am drooling over the pics you posted!

This was two weeks back... snow-wheeling.
Very nice picture!

Our Prerunner kit is actually very mild! We have our Long Travel Race Kit that is more aggressive!

We have had a few customers use our Prerunner kit with their lift kit. You just need to get custom length shocks.

Here are some pictures of our Long Travel Race Kit...

Old 01-20-2017, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by jaleelfoster7
Jw what type of fuel rims are those? They're badass man fr.
Thanks! the wheels are 20x10 inch (-18) offset Fuel Vapor Machined Dark Tint. Tires are 35x12.50 Nitto Trail grappler M/T.
Here is a link to the wheels:
http://www.fueloffroad.com/vapor-d569-w-19188.htm
Old 01-20-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Baja Kits
Very nice picture!

Our Prerunner kit is actually very mild! We have our Long Travel Race Kit that is more aggressive!

We have had a few customers use our Prerunner kit with their lift kit. You just need to get custom length shocks.

Here are some pictures of our Long Travel Race Kit...

Unreal!!! Loving the long travel true Baja truck pics...

So is it possible to get your mild Baja kit and not have to get fiberglass front fenders?

The prerunner and race kits are a whole new level. Amazing! Maybe this will be version 3.0 a few years down the road!

Last edited by jimmy2016f150; 01-20-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:45 PM

Unreal!!! Loving the long travel true Baja truck pics...

So is it possible to get your mild Baja kit and not have to get fiberglass front fenders?

The prerunner and race kits are a whole new level. Amazing! Maybe this will be version 3.0 a few years down the road!
Yes, we have guys running our Prerunner kits and 35" tires with out fiberglass fenders.

At full compression though, the tire will touch the fenders.

But because you are running our kit with a lift kit, you will have no issues at all.

Here is our customers F150 with stock fenders.

Our kit will only widen your stance by 2.5" per side.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I may be interested in this, how much is the prerunner kit? On your site I only see a chase kit. I have the zone kit now with halo coilovers for 8" lift, but would like a way to improve ride and not go through upper control arms. Would you use wheel spacers to match rear width to front?
Old 01-25-2017, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dangelang
I may be interested in this, how much is the prerunner kit? On your site I only see a chase kit. I have the zone kit now with halo coilovers for 8" lift, but would like a way to improve ride and not go through upper control arms. Would you use wheel spacers to match rear width to front?
Sent you a PM!