Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2wd 92 f150 to 4x4 f150

Old 07-30-2011, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd 92 f150 to 4x4 f150

ok all i have an idea just need some specs to see if it will work basically im asking any one with a 92-96 f150 thats 4x4 to tell me the the width of the crossmember that holds the ttb center anchor points i just want to see if my theory is correct that ford used the same crossmember and see if i can bolt in the d44 ttb if thats possible than the rest i have no problems completing the rest as a Cummins diesel tech im very capable of many things but kinda too lazy to pay $2 bucks to walk the salvage yard and find a straight truck thats 4x4 and crawl in the gravel just to get a measurement if i was after a part say the axel to pull it off well yea id do it but not gonna do it unless i have to hahahha and yes i know i need the radius arms and all that you know the t case and such just wondering if the d44 ttb will bolt in if not then ill figure some thing else out just curious if i can get some help here folks thanks to all that view and comment
Old 08-03-2011, 05:38 PM

The 2wd and 4wd frames are the same on 92 to 96 f150 trucks everyhing bolts in.I done the same swap on my 93 f150 that was once a 2wd.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=jeremydjohn;1004731]The 2wd and 4wd frames are the same on 92 to 96 f150 trucks everyhing bolts in.I done the same swap on my 93 f150 that was once a 2wd.make sure when you get your ttb front end to get the radius arms as far as the steering your 2wd steering stuff will work
Old 08-04-2011, 04:52 AM

[quote=jeremydjohn;1004739]
Originally Posted by jeremydjohn
The 2wd and 4wd frames are the same on 92 to 96 f150 trucks everyhing bolts in.I done the same swap on my 93 f150 that was once a 2wd.make sure when you get your ttb front end to get the radius arms as far as the steering your 2wd steering stuff will work
sweet thanks already knew the radius arms for the 2wd didnt have a wide enough gap to bolt to the ttb but the cross member width was my main concern and i have trolled youtube found a few swaps but all on long beds but seems to me i need to get both drive lines as the rear should be shorter due to the t case and if i go auto from manual should i get the trans crossmember aswell are they different?
doin the work isnt my main concern im plenty capable just the specs and stuff im not sure of if i was building a Cummins engine this wouldnt be a problem but qsol doesnt tell me s#$% about a ford thanks for the insight though def gonna start trolling the scrap yards and gathering pieces once i get project ranger Resurrection finished
Old 08-04-2011, 06:48 PM

As far as driveshafts go you need to get both of them.make sure that you get them from the donor truck. Seeing how's you are going to do the swap you might want to check your gear ratio in your rear axle.I found out when i done mine that I had 2.73 ratio in the back and 3.55 in the front. Also make sure you get the transmisson crossmember for the trans you will be using.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 AM

yea i already know my gear ratio in the rear i swapped it out of another f150 for the trac loc diff so i have 3.55 rear and i was noticing alot have the 3.55 fronts so finding a d44 ttb shouldnt be that hard also noticed that alot have push button 4x4 which i dont want so i will want the floor pan insert as well more work but itll make it worth while with factory look and ease of install

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2wd 92 f150 to 4x4 f150