Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Wheels, tires, leveling kit question!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels, tires, leveling kit question!

Hey all,

New wheels and tires question - I have settled on Method MR306, probably 18".
I don't want to fit crazy large wheels, just more aggressive thread (KO2?) for better snow and very light offroading performance.
I want to retain as close to an "OEM" driving feel and stance as possible, but with the black Method wheels.
Do I need a leveling kit to work with these? What are your recommendations on this?

Thanks!
-STZ
Old 11-02-2018, 09:32 AM

Received 289 Likes on 114 Posts

You don't necessarily need a leveling kit to run those wheels, the tire size will more than likely be what determines if you need to raise the truck any, or if you choose a wheel with a crazy offset that could play a role as well.

Are you dead set on 18s? I believe they make those same wheels in a 17x8.5, 0 offset which is exactly what I have on mine. I went with 17s to get more sidewall without having to lift the truck. Also, a ~33" tire simply looks bigger on a 17" vs 18" or even 20", at least in my opinion. Another reason I went with 17s was to be able to get a P285/70R17 tire, keeps the set-up lightweight overall and did not take away from the "OEM" driving feel of the truck. No leveling kit needed, and no rubbing

The following 2 users liked this post by JCROUCH:
BeefMeister (04-15-2019), XLTecobeast18 (11-09-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

JCROUCH -...your tuck looks AMAZING. If mine was white instead of black, I'd be messaging you to copy the exact same look lol and wouldnt mind because I'm in canada so chances of us running into each other would be slim. haha

Quick Reply: Wheels, tires, leveling kit question!