Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Toyo Open Country RT

Old 10-27-2014, 09:40 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Toyo Open Country RT

Has anybody had a chance to run these tires yet? I know they are pretty new but after reading reviews online they sound pretty good but I was just wondering if anyone here has run them yet. I am looking at 35x12.50R18 for the size.
Attached Thumbnails Toyo Open Country RT-toyo-open-country-rt-group-large.jpg  
Old 10-27-2014, 03:59 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

I've only sold a few sets so it's gonna be a while before we have some real concrete reviews. You kinda need to completely wear the tire out to give people an idea of how this tire behaves throughout its life span and it's just too soon for the time being.

I think they will be great addition to the commercial traction segment.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:38 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

These will more than likely be my next tire. They serve the void between an AT and an MT. I currently run the Pro Comp Xtreme AT which is sort of the same thing. I want a tire made in the US that has Toyo's reputation and now it seems they have filled that void. The 40k warranty definitely grabs my attention as does the tread pattern. I wanted a tire that looks like an MT but wears like an AT and has the road noise of an AT. This seems like to be a real promise, when my current tires wear out I will more than likely give these a try. One thing I don't like is the price and weight. Mind you I know that weight usually equals quality along with rigidity, so pay more and get more comes to mind.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyo Open Country RT