Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Tires and struts and wheels help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires and struts and wheels help please

In April '07, I purchased a new 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew and am looking to upgrade the stock Goodyear tires and struts. A local Truck/Jeep store specializing in aftermarket accessories/tires/parts, etc. recommended Toyo Open Country AT2. I'm also interested in BF Goodrich KOs. The contact at the store said I could increase the size to 295/70/18 without doing anything to the truck as far as spacers/lifts, etc which I don't want to do. Would welcome any thoughts on this. Do you foresee any issues going to this size of tire? And out of the two options would also appreciate any thoughts on the tires. I would also like to upgrade the shocks. He said if I went with Fox shocks I would have to do a strut conversion. And recommended Bilstein 5100s.

My truck is Silver Ingot w/chrome trim and am wondering about aftermarket wheels to tone down the chrome a bit. Wondering if I should just leave well enough alone and stick w/stock chrome wheels or go with something like a matte chrome/black for contrast.

I know the tires/struts/wheels topic gets old but would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!