Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Tire/wheel size swap suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire/wheel size swap suggestions

Ok. So currently have a 2015 f150 4x4 with the stock 20s
275/55/20 tires I believe. 31" tall overall

I want to get a little beefier look (and both current rims and tires need replaced anyways) but dont want to lift the truck.or have clearance issues. Thinking a 18 rim with a beefier tire. Can an 18x10 rim fit (current are 20x8.5 according to the web)?? Can a 32" tire fit and if so what 32" tire fits on 18x10 rim?..I dont offroad often but I do occasionally. I also tow a 8k lb trailer half a dozen times per year

Once we sort size, what suggestion for a good combination of aggressive look, price, wear. and ride quality.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:11 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

You should seriously consult the search button, as there's a fricken T-O-N of these threads all over the place. You'll end up with more information, photos, and opinions than you could ever possibly want.
FWIW, your stock tires are almost 32" tall as it is, so you won't have problems stepping up that small.
As far as 32" tires vs 10" wide wheels, most manufacturers give you specs on their website, including recommended wheel-widths.
Here's nitto's:
Nitto Tires
I personally wouldn't use a 10" wide wheel on anything short of a 12.5" wide tire, as although you'll likely be at the north end of the recommendation(i.e. usually acceptable), I don't like how much it squares narrower tire(s) off.

Quick Reply: Tire/wheel size swap suggestions