Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Review Thread: Bilstein Level, 20x9 Mavericks & 285/60R20

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Review Thread: Bilstein Level, 20x9 Mavericks & 285/60R20

Hey guys, wanted to create this thread as a source of information for anyone in the future, this process between offsets, tire size, tire type, leveling kits etc took me probably two months and this forum was a HUGE help in my decision making, only found maybe 2 or 3 peoples with this set up and hopefully this will help some people out.

After many hours researching I came up with my final decision on a set up: 285/60R20 Toyo AT2 Xtreme's on 20x9 +1 Fuel Mavericks, 2.1 Bilstein level kit (and rear replacements) and no rear block.

- I wanted the +1 offset from the start, love the slight poke and I now sit maybe 1/2" past the factory fender flares (not all have these so take that into consideration)
- At +1 offset your tire diameter really comes into play, 285/60R20 is roughly 33.5"X11.5". In my judgement, if you wanted to avoid cutting or using a spreader on your crash bars, this diameter/width and offset combination is perfect with some easy adjustments in the wheel well.
- Originally i was set on 305/55R20's (LT Version) but i read about surface area on such a wide tire hurting mpg, they also weighed roughly 5lbs more per tire, and some mentioned a lousy ride. Now these were others comments, i cannot say if they are true or not but these were factors that influenced my decisions.
- The Toyo's have sum hum to them, nothing crazy and i don't really mind it. For someone traveling long distance or commuting to work on highways this maybe a concern.
- The Bilstien Level was pretty much a no brainier after seeing everyone's reviews on it, and it did not disappoint. I've always upgraded my shocks to Bilsteins, my mentality was by the time you spend roughly an additional $250 on the full Bilstein level kit (front and rear) you'll have new high quality shocks at all corners (most will end up replacing theirs at some point anyway), and a better quality lift then throwing spacers on top of the coils, I would also think its less wear on the front end but i cannot confirm this.
- At 2.1 setting on the level I do not feel I have a reverse rake at all (from measurement there is an 1/8" difference front front to rear), I feel like it sits perfect unloaded. Also I have the 3.5L which some people say contributes to the height due to engine weight. (2.7L is lighter).
- I had a slight rub on my drivers rear crash bar but managed to bend it back with a few hammer taps, also slight rub on my passenger front crash bar also bend it back enough to clear same remedy, no rubbing at all now.

I would also suggest Custom Offsets and just a plain old google search of images to help with more pictures and decision making.
Attached are pictures, lots of pictures, if anyone had questions feel free to comment or PM.
Also these made a huge difference in the look, zero regrets on this set up.

Off She Goes

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

The following 5 users liked this post by Tldx07:
CCCT (06-11-2019), fhlh (07-17-2019), jamreefer (05-25-2019), jgee77 (06-17-2019), Peloroto (06-04-2021)
Old 05-21-2019, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice build and thanks for the detailed notes! Going to do mine up this summer.
The following users liked this post:
Tldx07 (05-22-2019)

Quick Reply: Review Thread: Bilstein Level, 20x9 Mavericks & 285/60R20