Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Newby question regarding tires and After market components

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newby question regarding tires and After market components

I'm looking for suggestions on tires and rims for my 2013 F150 Ecoboost Sterling Grey Lariat. It has 20in tires and anything I throw on it I'd like to be black.

Currently looking at the following Mods:

Borla Exhaust (Cat back)
Westin HDX Grille Guard
K&N 63 series Intake
IPCW LED Taillights
Plasma Glow LED Tailgate Bar
(Open to other suggestions)

Would also like suggestions for Rims and Tires. Would like to keep everything with 20" maybe 22"'s if they fit. Since I use this truck for towing farm animals and a car hauler the tires have to be rated appropriately. I'm looking for something aggressive looking.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:58 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Don't get 22s as your size availability will be limited and prices through the roof.

Stick with a 20 and you could get a P275/60R20. There are a lot of All Terrains in that size. The P-Metric will also help keep you from losing a lot of MPG while still being capable of hauling more than your truck can legally carry.

You didn't say if you were going to do a lift or level kit so I'm going to keep my suggestions to 33" tall tires as I assume your wheels will have a slight offset and anything bigger than that won't fit without some lift.

If you really want an LT tire get an 18" rim with 275/70R18. You could however get the new BFG TA KO2 as they have the first LT275/60R20 and the second LT275/55R20 tires on the market. Both are load range D.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:31 AM

Thanks for the response BassAckwards.

I've never actually given it any thought if I wanted to lift it or not. I honestly wouldn't mind it after thinking about it. Might be an early birthday present to myself.
I also didn't realize it but the BFG TA KO2's were the tire I've been eying up. My current tire size is P275/55r20 M/S Bridgestone's.

Two questions come to mind however... what do you recommend for Rims and where did you get your Zone 4" Suspension Lift?

Last edited by digitalmind1021; 12-26-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:19 AM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalmind1021
Thanks for the response BassAckwards. I've never actually given it any thought if I wanted to lift it or not. I honestly wouldn't mind it after thinking about it. Might be an early birthday present to myself. I also didn't realize it but the BFG TA KO2's were the tire I've been eying up. My current tire size is P275/55r20 M/S Bridgestone's. Two questions come to mind however... what do you recommend for Rims and where did you get your Zone 4" Suspension Lift?
Rims are completely personal opinion just get what you like. I'd recommend a 20x8.5 or 20x9 with 0 to +24 offset if you don't plant on lifting.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:54 PM

Sorry to bring up an old discussion....

So this is what I've done so far:
Corsa Exhaust (Cat back)
Westin HDX Grille Guard
K&N 63 series Intake
Go Rhino Bed rails
Go Rhino bed bars

I want to level it versus lifting. Just for that more aggressive look. What and how much do I level the front? There are a million different types of leveling kits out there. What brands do you guys recommend?

Quick Reply: Newby question regarding tires and After market components