Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

New F-150 Member: Ideal Tire/Wheel/Offset/Width combo for "Flush" Fender look?

Old 08-29-2018, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New F-150 Member: Ideal Tire/Wheel/Offset/Width combo for "Flush" Fender look?

Hello All! My name is Bryan and I am SOOOOOOOO excited to be apart of the community! As a first generation US citizen, growing up in a vietnamese household in Houston Texas I have always had a huge fascination for Ford trucks. I guess it all started with all the commercials I saw growing up as a kid about being "FORD TOUGH" and immediately fell in love! Recently Earlier this year (right after Christmas actually) I gave in to my heart and got my FIRST EVER TRUCK!

Proud Ford F-150 Owner at last!
Ford F-150 XLT 2018 Sport Edition
2.7L V6 EcoBoost
2WD

VIN: 1FTEW1CP8JKC93509

Aesthetic pic of truck (stock)

Front view of new truck (stock)

So after enjoying the love of my life for several months! I realized I needed to do something to my truck! I work in the Oil and Gas industry and parking next to other rig hands and even office personnel i often stargaze and feel small next to their lifted 4-6" trucks and f250's which in my company parking lot literally looks like a ford truck dealership. So i decided to try and beef myself up and went ahead and got a leveling kit done!

I went to a offroading place and had it done:

Pro Comp 2.5" leveling kit.

after 2.5" Pro-Comp leveling kit

But after i realized how much this leveling kit ACTUALLY DID. it added soooo much more air space between my stock tires and fender/truck that it kind of looked very odd. (like my truck literally skipped leg day). SO NOW like any other truck owner, it is time to pull the trigger on some new sweet rims and bigger tires! I began searching around and eventually fell in love with this specific rim.

Black Rhino Warlord Wheels

What i really want

Attached is an image of the information. I'll most likely just go to a tire place and get it done but before I do. I just wanted some insight/advice/recommendations of how I can achieve a "FLUSH" look.

Like, what offset should i get? I see a -12mm and a +12mm option available only for these rims but saw very many combinations while i was searching other brands and other varieties of offsets to choose from.

I generally understand what Offsets are and the numbering but just wanted to know if anyone knew what offset I should get (if i have to shop for another brand) to have it even with my fender. Since it is a black truck, i do not want my tires to be sticking out underneath to fling rocks and road debris and scratch the beautiful black paint i fell in love with so much.

As of now, I was thinking of getting these rims (20", + or - 12mm offset, some toyo all terrain tires with an aggressive look)
I am not 100% set in stone with ANYTHING. Any advice on any other good brands, size, tires, wheels i should look at to achieve the look i want?
As for tire size, I was thinking some 285 or 295(I do NOT WANT to trim anything off my truck like my crashbar or any rubbing at all) I want to keep everything as stock as much as possible until my vehicle's warranty runs out and I will then probably lift it up even more and get a programmer.

So I guess I am asking for the perfect offset, width, tire size combination to get a flush look. I welcome all advice! and would love to see your set-up if yours is simillar! I want my truck to be COMPLETELY entirely black! Only color on my truck is my Texas flag sticker in the back!

Once again, It has been a LONG time coming! but i eventually got my first ever ford truck! glad to be here and thank you all for giving me your time!
Old 08-31-2018, 01:16 PM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Truck looks good bud. Congratulations.

I cant really speak to the wheels question as I’m not very good with that stuff. As for tires, I’d shy away from Toyo. They are great tires but expensive. I have had two sets of Toyos and I loved them at first. But after a couple months they started riding poorly and didn’t last long.

I know now a lot of others on here really like the BFG KO2s. I love the tire and it will prolly be my next set. My truck currently has Cooper AT3s that were on there when I purchased the truck. Another great option is the Nitto Terra Grapler or Ridge Grapler. One of which is a mud tire and the other is all terrain. Both would look good mounted to those wheels.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by LexPD
Truck looks good bud. Congratulations.

I cant really speak to the wheels question as I’m not very good with that stuff. As for tires, I’d shy away from Toyo. They are great tires but expensive. I have had two sets of Toyos and I loved them at first. But after a couple months they started riding poorly and didn’t last long.

I know now a lot of others on here really like the BFG KO2s. I love the tire and it will prolly be my next set. My truck currently has Cooper AT3s that were on there when I purchased the truck. Another great option is the Nitto Terra Grapler or Ridge Grapler. One of which is a mud tire and the other is all terrain. Both would look good mounted to those wheels.
Thank you for your advice! I had got some quotes from several places over the phone and they were all just mentioning TOYOS but I dont really have any expertise on tire brands as well. I have heard alot of good reviews from several coworkers on the Nitto's. I'm a city boy in Houston Texas so I wont be doing any offroading AT ALL. The roughest roads my truck will ever see is driving through Louisiana to get on the rig. I wanted an aggressive look but not a real performance off road tire.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:45 PM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

I would definitely shy away from a mud tire then. All Terrain with an attractive/aggressive tread pattern is your best bet. Cooper has some new ATs that have come out with the last year that look nice and have great reviews. Search here and you’ll find a hundred threads discussing tires. In the end it will boil down to what you like and what you want to spend.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:06 PM

Yes sir! I'm trying to fish out the perfect combo to get that sorta flush look b4 i do my research on tire looks. I want an aggressive look but at the same time not breaking the bank. I'm 100% certain there are hundreds of reliable tires that fit this description if i research a bit more. Just an aggressive look is all i want haha. Make it LOOK like i offroad LOL
Old 08-31-2018, 10:34 PM
Army Signals retired

Received 220 Likes on 190 Posts

Welcome to the site Bryan.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New F-150 Member: Ideal Tire/Wheel/Offset/Width combo for "Flush" Fender look?