Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Hey Discount Tires...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hey Discount Tires...

...couldn't PM you, so I'll put it here. Maybe my question will help some others in their decisions. I'm looking at getting some rims from you guys and just a lil curious about fitment/rubbing. The truck is an 05 STX 4x4 with a 2.5in HBS front leveling kit. The tires I'm planning on running are either going to be 315/70R17s or 35/12.50-17s. The wheels I'm looking at from you guys (same wheel, different sizes) are spec'd out as follows:

17x8 with a +25mm offset and 5.43in BS
17x9 with a +25mm offset and 6in BS

I know the 9in wide version is better for the width of the tires I've selected, but I do have concerns on rubbing. The 315 is about .25in shorter than the 35s and maybe .10in narrower, so that may help or may not. I don't mind trimming a little inner fender well or doing some clearancing, I'm more worried about contact with the suspension or severe rubbing. I'd rather run the 9in wide personally, but will run the 8in if it helps with clearance.

Thanks for your time.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, I've got 33s (actually damn close to it) right now and they fit with no problem on the stock 17x7.5 wheels before the leveling kit. I'm wanting/needing bigger, but I'm not going to put a lift kit on the truck, just the leveling kit (I like a slightly tucked up in the fenderwell look, rather than riding high above the tires).

I guess where a lot of the confusion is that the stock Raptor wheels have over 6in of BS.

Do you have different offsets for wheels available that may not be shown on your site? My wife likes the V-tec Raptors (I gave her a choice between a few diff wheels for the truck & those sizes are the ones I used as an example in the first post). So, what I'm looking for is those or something REALLY close, completely blacked out, preferably in 17in dia (but I'll go 18 if I have to, but nothing larger dia). I don't mind trimming, I don't mind adding flares, I don't do any rock crawling (mostly it's just muddy or rough terrain when I go hunting). Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey Discount Tires...