Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Fuel Vector Anthracite on Black Truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Vector Anthracite on Black Truck

I've searched Facebook, Google and multiple forums and have not been able to find any pictures of Fuel Vectors in Anthracite on any black truck, not just a Ford. Am I the only one who thinks this would look good? Anyone have any pics of this set up?
The following users liked this post:
Tannhauser621 (10-13-2019)
Old 11-20-2018, 09:36 PM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts

You're not the only one. The problem is that too many people still think a gloss black vehicle on matte black wheels looks cool. It doesn't, and never did.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:52 PM

I don't care for the matte black finish on the gloss black either. I love the design of the Method NV but don't want Matte black and the Machined seems like it would contrast too much. That's why I was thinking the anthracite wouldn't look half bad, just cant find it on any black truck. Obviously the wheel visualizer just doesn't quite give you that real world appearance.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:05 AM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts

Do you have chrome or black bumpers?

If they're chrome, I personally think chrome wheels look better. They kinda tie everything together.

If black bumpers, a gray, or even bronze, looks awesome I think.
KMC makes some "dark tint" wheels that are like a really dark bronze.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:07 AM

Have the chrome bumpers and grille. I've thought about swapping the grille out for the XLT sport grille and having the bumpers painted if I cant find some nice take offs.

The truck is 2 weeks old so I've spent countless hours looking at after market stuff. My eyes are definitely bigger than my wallet at this point.
The following users liked this post:
Tannhauser621 (10-13-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 02:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GMTX0012
I don't care for the matte black finish on the gloss black either. I love the design of the Method NV but don't want Matte black and the Machined seems like it would contrast too much. That's why I was thinking the anthracite wouldn't look half bad, just cant find it on any black truck. Obviously the wheel visualizer just doesn't quite give you that real world appearance.

I actually like the chrome bumpers over the painted ones. I have an xlt in white with chrome and I was thinking anthracite vectors.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not exactly what your looking for but icon rebound in titanium on a blue jeans truck.

The vectors were high on my list but I found a better deal on the icons.

Quick Reply: Fuel Vector Anthracite on Black Truck