Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Fuel Maverick issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 04:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Fuel Maverick issue

I put Fuel Maverick's on my '09 F150 FX4 in May 2016. They are +20mm offset. Took them off in November/December 2016 and put my old set of Addicts on for winter. Went back to Discount Tire on Saturday to have the Mavericks put back on for summer and the tech asked me to come in to the shop to take a look at the back of my Mavericks. There was a shallow groove worn in to the back side of the wheel on each of the wheels that were on the front of the truck. I never noticed any sounds of scraping/rubbing when I initially had them put on back in May of 2016 but the wheels were touching the brake calipers and wore a groove in the back of the wheel.

Has anyone experienced that before or know why those wheels would be so close to the caliper they would touch like that? I had them go ahead and mount the wheels anyway because the groove is worn in to the wheel now and they turn freely.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:56 PM
Trying to figure it out!

Received 677 Likes on 494 Posts

What size are the wheels? Not sure why anything 18" and over would rub.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott91370
What size are the wheels? Not sure why anything 18" and over would rub.
The wheels are 20x9. The caliper is not touching the dish of the wheel. It was rubbing on the plate (I think that's the technical term for it). The aluminum surrounding the bolt holes.