Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Front lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front lift

lookig to level out 2013 fx4 I been hearing that if I put a leveling kit (just strut tower block ) my ride will be harsh. Some told me to buy coil overs then add a block in rear. But I’m concerned that this will create back end hop. Thought comments. Thanks
Old 10-14-2018, 12:54 PM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts

Leveling blocks only raise the body from a point above the suspension system. It does not alter the shock travel or spring rates, and so should have no effect on the ride. Some people do notice a bit of wind noise from the air dam though.
It's the larger, heavier all terrain/off-road tires that tend to accompany leveling kits that can make the ride a bit harsh.

Last edited by tenx82; 10-14-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Crappy shocks or poorly configured shocks make for harsh ride. Not necessarily the tires. You get what you pay for. Spacer lifts are cheap and will likely ride harsher than stock.
Good coil overs and aftermarket rear shocks are worth it. Everyone that rides in my truck is surprised at how well it rides on the street.
In the rear if you want to also add more resistance to squatting under load go with an add a leaf rather than a taller block.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I’ve been told I will experience wheel hop in front if I don’t do coil over and go cheap route and may notice wheel hop in rear of I add blocks to the rear.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:14 AM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiranda
Thank you. I’ve been told I will experience wheel hop in front if I don’t do coil over and go cheap route and may notice wheel hop in rear of I add blocks to the rear.
No. Again, leveling blocks do not affect or alter the actual suspension components.
If you're content with the factory ride, just get leveling blocks. If you want to improve the ride, go with Bilstein 5100 leveling struts instead.
You should spend some time reading the leveling kit thread.

Quick Reply: Front lift