Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

DIY Rust covering fender flares?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Rust covering fender flares?

Hey there,
I just purchased my first Ford F-150 work truck, I can't believe how much I like it. It's an 03 F150 XLT super cab with an 8-foot bed. There's some pretty significant rusting along all wheel wells. Not massive but enough for me to want to remedy it, especially around the rear wheel wells. Before I buy some fender flares online, I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas for do-it-yourself fender flares that look good and can cover the rust? Any ideas?
Old 12-20-2018, 09:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

covering the rust is not fixing the problem. find a bed from the south and then find flares. if the bed is rusting then the frame and everything else is aswell
Old 12-20-2018, 10:00 AM

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfgreenway
Hey there,
I just purchased my first Ford F-150 work truck, I can't believe how much I like it. It's an 03 F150 XLT super cab with an 8-foot bed. There's some pretty significant rusting along all wheel wells. Not massive but enough for me to want to remedy it, especially around the rear wheel wells. Before I buy some fender flares online, I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas for do-it-yourself fender flares that look good and can cover the rust? Any ideas?
Originally Posted by GregFerd
covering the rust is not fixing the problem. find a bed from the south and then find flares. if the bed is rusting then the frame and everything else is aswell
This guy is right. You could also cut the rust out, prime and paint and then add the flares. At least you will have stopped the source.

Quick Reply: DIY Rust covering fender flares?