Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Cheapest place to buy tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM
2011 platinum 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapest place to buy tires

Online ?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Montani Semper Liberi

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Onlinetires.com
tires-easy.com
treadepot.com
tirerack.com

Depends on the brand, size etc as to who has he cheaper tires. You'll have to do that homework.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 PM
2011 platinum 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been looking for 2 weeks now trying to find rims and tires for my truck! A lot more $$$ than I was expecting and a lot harder also with lug pattern, offset.. Feel lost!!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm quite pleased - today I located a local tire dealer who will give me a $135 credit for each of my OEM Pirelli Scorps. Planning to mount Michelin LTX M/S2s as replacements.

Most quote are $100 or less, so I guess I'm lucky! Several places wouldn't even discuss it, "I don't want the Pirellis, and no one else does, either" said one place.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by terraformer
I'm quite pleased - today I located a local tire dealer who will give me a $135 credit for each of my OEM Pirelli Scorps. Planning to mount Michelin LTX M/S2s as replacements.

Most quote are $100 or less, so I guess I'm lucky! Several places wouldn't even discuss it, "I don't want the Pirellis, and no one else does, either" said one place.
Where do you guys go that gives you credits for your tires!? I have some LTX M/S2s that I want to replace with all terrain tires but they're brand new so I cant justify getting rid of them!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:40 PM

Hmm, can't tell if you're being snarky or genuinely have a question.

If the former, read up on how many folks don't like the stock Pirellis in terms of road noise, comfort, and wet weather traction (or lack thereof) and you might understand why I'm getting rid of brand new tires.

If the latter, then do what I did and call around to your local tire shops and see what they'll say.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by terraformer
Hmm, can't tell if you're being snarky or genuinely have a question.

If the former, read up on how many folks don't like the stock Pirellis in terms of road noise, comfort, and wet weather traction (or lack thereof) and you might understand why I'm getting rid of brand new tires.

If the latter, then do what I did and call around to your local tire shops and see what they'll say.
It's a genuine question. I have the Michelin LTX M/S2 that are about a month old and I don't want them. If I could get a credit for them somewhere and get into some all terrain tires I'd be more than happy. I didn't know any tire dealers actually did that.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates
It's a genuine question. I have the Michelin LTX M/S2 that are about a month old and I don't want them. If I could get a credit for them somewhere and get into some all terrain tires I'd be more than happy. I didn't know any tire dealers actually did that.
I was surprised the Ford dealer wouldn't, which is who I contacted first. My truck is to arrive there from the factory in about 2 weeks, and I thought, "Surely the dealer would do it; I'd get a reasonable credit for the OEMs and then the dealer could mount the new Scorps on one of the used trucks in the lot." But they said they wouldn't do it.

So I called around this morning. Most sad "we don't want the Scorps" and one said $75 per tire credit, and then I found a place that would give me the $135 per tire credit, which I think is pretty outstanding. Especially given what I've read on these forums, where the most I'd heard of was $100 per tire.

Generally they want a tire that has low miles on it, and in a brand that they can sell. Seems most folks around here know how poor most people think of the Scorps...but I consider myself lucky! Good luck.

BTW - it's interesting that you want to get rid of your LTX M/S2s for AT tires, and I'm the exact opposite. I do mostly highway driving, and the LTX is superb for this (and also pretty darn good in the rain and snow). Can I ask what your experience has been with them? Anything you don't like, or is it that you just want a more aggressive-looking AT tire in place of the admittedly mundane look of the M/S2s? Wow, we could have done a swap, assuming you have the 275/55/20 size.

Last edited by terraformer; 01-18-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:47 PM

The tires have been excellent so far, quiet, very smooth, hook very well. I just want AT tires for the look, and the fact that I will probably be spending some time off road in the near future!

I'm running 275/65-18
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Discount Tires beat the lowest price I could find online by $1.00 per tire.

Quick Reply: Cheapest place to buy tires