Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

BAKFlip G2 Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Default BAKFlip G2 Review

I just received the BAKFlip G2. I ordered it from AutoAnything. Great price and great customer service. As far as the actual cover goes I'm definitely not overly impressed. The installation instructions are somewhat vague to begin with. The instructions said that I would need shims but I wasn't supplied with anything that could be used as shims??? As far as appearance goes, it looks good and seems like it will be very practical but it leaks pretty badly. I washed the truck yesterday with a garden hose and there was what I think an excessive amount of water. Even in the middle of the bed, not just around the edges.
Not so sure that I go as far to say that I would recommend it.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Why is this in the tire section?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by parkgt
Why is this in the tire section?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Did you run the drain lines out of the bed of the truck. I have very little water enter mine except around the tailgate and it is so little i havent added any extra sealing. It is critical to ensure the drain lines run out of the bed as this is where the water is channelled from the track.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by shimmer
Did you run the drain lines out of the bed of the truck. I have very little water enter mine except around the tailgate and it is so little i havent added any extra sealing. It is critical to ensure the drain lines run out of the bed as this is where the water is channelled from the track.
At the time I had not installed the drain plugs and the majority of the water was in the front of the bed but there was also a significant amount of water in the middle of the bed. It was very noticeable to me due to me having the bedrug which causes the water to puddle easily in one spot. I don't dislike the cover, it is very convenient and has a nice appearance, I was just upset about the lack of installation details and water leakage.
Great customer service from Autoanything though.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 PM

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Loosescrews
At the time I had not installed the drain plugs and the majority of the water was in the front of the bed but there was also a significant amount of water in the middle of the bed. It was very noticeable to me due to me having the bedrug which causes the water to puddle easily in one spot. I don't dislike the cover, it is very convenient and has a nice appearance, I was just upset about the lack of installation details and water leakage.
Great customer service from Autoanything though.
The track is designed to drain to the front of the bed and out the drain lines. I think you will not a big improvement if you install the drain lines. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Loosescrews (01-26-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 12:13 AM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Yes, put in drains, that will help a ton. Also it will take some time for the rubber to lay flat so you may have gotten water in that way. I used a hair dryer to warm the seals and help get the folds out. Also you have to be sure to align it right and make sure it's square.

I get no water in except a few drops when going through a car wash.
The following users liked this post:
Loosescrews (02-06-2013)

Quick Reply: BAKFlip G2 Review