Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Atturo X/T 295/70/18 on stock wheel. *Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Atturo X/T 295/70/18 on stock wheel. *Review

Vehicle: 2012 Lariat SCREW Ecoboost. 3.73 gears 4x4 with 1.5" Bilstein Leveling shocks all around.

Upgraded to Atturo XT 295/70/18 from BFG TA KO 275/70/18.

My BFGs had 35,000 miles on them and still had some decent tread. Wanted new meat for the upcoming winter.

Came across the Atturo XT 295/70/18 on Amazon for $201 + NV tax.

Originally I was going to put them on Procomp 18x9 7032's but decided to mount them to my stockers.

Had them installed at my local Discount Tire shop. The best price they could give me was $235 each.

Immediately I had rubbing inside the wheel well at full turn. Was able to make it home where I was able to trim up the spots that made contact.

First thing I noticed was how much quieter they were over the BFGs. No just a tiny bit, but MUCH quieter. Every family member was in disbelief at the gigantic difference in the reduction in road noise and the overall improvement in ride quality. With the added rubber, the ride was much softer and road noise was cut by 50% or more. The tire hum is there, but way nicer than what I had before.

Speedo is 2 mph slow. No real hit in performance. Hooks up better at full stomp. Noticeable weight gain as it does take more pedal pressure to slow down. Not quite like towing but feels like I have 500 lbs in the bed.

Have about 200 miles on them.

Love the look. Already had a few compliments.

Pros: MUCH quieter. Fantastic ride. Looks great.
Cons: Increased braking effort. Had to trim both sides, fore and aft of the tires. Increased turning radius. Must use my running boards to step inside.

Link: http://a.co/5ibMLbu
Attached Thumbnails Atturo X/T 295/70/18 on stock wheel. *Review-before.png   Atturo X/T 295/70/18 on stock wheel. *Review-after.png   Atturo X/T 295/70/18 on stock wheel. *Review-after2.png  
The following users liked this post:
FordRules09 (10-12-2017)