Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Aggressive/Mainly Highway Tire Size for a 20x9 rim

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aggressive/Mainly Highway Tire Size for a 20x9 rim

I have a 2010 4x4 platinum. Stock height, stock rims (20x8.5). I want that aggressive looking tire that is decent at off-road, although I will mainly use it for street and highway. I am getting new Fuel Dune 20x9 rims shortly and would like advice with the tires. My options for the offset on the rims are either +20 mm or +01 mm. I want the tires to stick out just a little bit, an inch at the most. I also do not want to have to deal with any trimming or modifications. I should mention that I have a 2.5" level and 1.5" rear block I will be adding to give extra space. Everyone has said either the BGF KO2's or the Nitto Terra Grapplers. Other brand options are welcome, I just would like some advice on the actual size of the tire. I was thinking 285/65r20's with the +01 mm offset? Or is there a more aggressive tire I could fit in there without any trimming etc, and which offset option should I choose for that? Pictures are always helpful!
Old 03-28-2017, 07:38 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

For an AT tire that size, personally I like the looks of the Toyo AT2. Goodyear Duratrac has a lot of good reviews and may have a size you want.

For offset, to minimize chance of rub at that size, I'd say to get the +20. I have +0 295/70r18 which is similar to the size you're thinking. With the 0 offset, I had to trim a bit, may have to do a little more, not sure. And for reference, it should be pretty close to the +01...