Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

ZEN-A2B B&O Stereo integration?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:59 AM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Default ZEN-A2B B&O Stereo integration?

Anyone heard about the ZEN-A2B from NavTV?

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT873/zen-a2b.html

Since I'm getting ready to get started on my stereo install on my 2018 F150 with the B&O system I been looking around for all the information I can get and came across this.
Seems pretty pricey and want to see if anyone had any input on it. So far I have only seen 1 for sell on Amazon for $849.

Herb
Old 05-14-2018, 02:06 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

I have been searching high and low for this! But $849.00? Holy cow! You can buy a nice dsp for that kind of money! Hell, the DSR1 is 249.99. There's got to be a cheaper option.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by HWill
Anyone heard about the ZEN-A2B from NavTV?

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT873/zen-a2b.html

Since I'm getting ready to get started on my stereo install on my 2018 F150 with the B&O system I been looking around for all the information I can get and came across this.
Seems pretty pricey and want to see if anyone had any input on it. So far I have only seen 1 for sell on Amazon for $849.

Herb
Can you post the amazon link? NavTv is saying they are sold out.

Update. I spoke to them, it's back in stock on their website now. They offered me free shipping. Still can't convince myself to do it yet. I would think there will be more options coming down the pipeline from other manufacturers.

Last edited by dhmcfadin; 05-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
Can you post the amazon link? NavTv is saying they are sold out.

Update. I spoke to them, it's back in stock on their website now. They offered me free shipping. Still can't convince myself to do it yet. I would think there will be more options coming down the pipeline from other manufacturers.
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I also called and talked to their Sales and Tech Support. I liked what I heard about the unit and I'm pretty close to ordering it since it is back in stock.

Herb
Old 05-15-2018, 12:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered mine yeaterday.

I have my system built using an AudioControl DM-810 DSP and cant for the life of me get things tuned properly. The time delay/channel summing is horrible.

I will hopefully have the Zen Unit in hand tomorrow night and report on it
Old 05-15-2018, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gerald Beaudoin

I have my system built using an AudioControl DM-810 DSP and cant for the life of me get things tuned properly. The time delay/channel summing is horrible.

Removing the factory b&o dsp/amp with built in time alignment/ audience settings will fix your problems. You won't be dealing with those tuning issues much longer. I feel very confident.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gerald Beaudoin

Nice, I ordered mine last night.

Herb
Old 05-16-2018, 03:20 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Last edited by HushCarAudio; 06-07-2018 at 01:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dhmcfadin (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 05:03 PM

Got mine today. 44 hrs from giving credit card # to having it in my hands. Pretty good for international shipment!

She is all installed and worth every penny (to me anyway)

My Coles notes:

Unit is really small. About the size of two pack of smokes. Mounting tabs would be a nice touch. I wrapped some nylon tie straps around it and screwed it to the back side of my amp wall.

I ran optical output from the Zen to my Audiocontrol dm-810
At first, I thought I had full fader and balance control, but it turned out I didnt. Fader messes with the balance. With fader set to middle, balance works fine.

When tying into the Can Lo and Hi signal wires, you might be tempted to just cut the wire from the plug - there are two of each going into the factory amp plug, using common pin on the plug. The system needs the can low and hi to go through this, so you have to "tee" into one set of these, or else a bunch of other stuff wont work (like your dash, speedo, tach, radio (important)...

Overall instalation was quite simple.

SOUND QUALITY: !!!! WOW
One million percent improvement. No time delay messing with the signal summing... flat EQ.

I am sure pricing of this unit will come down when there is some competition, but I am more than satisfied.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:04 PM

Running optical into the DM-810, I ended up with a full rage signal showing on channel 3-4 and 7-8 on the inputs.

Quick Reply: ZEN-A2B B&O Stereo integration?