Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Wiring Harness Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 08:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wiring Harness Diagram

I tried asking this question on the superduty forums without any luck. This forum seems to have more Ford techs and wiring experts than the other forums so I thought I'd give it a try here.

I have a 2015 F-250 Platinum with the factory amp and sub behind the passenger rear seat against the back of the cab. I want to tap into the subwoofer input before the signal reaches the factory amp and possibly some of the other speaker wires too. Does anyone have a diagram of the wiring harness so I will know which wires to tap into?
Old 01-22-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmith9867
I tried asking this question on the superduty forums without any luck. This forum seems to have more Ford techs and wiring experts than the other forums so I thought I'd give it a try here.

I have a 2015 F-250 Platinum with the factory amp and sub behind the passenger rear seat against the back of the cab. I want to tap into the subwoofer input before the signal reaches the factory amp and possibly some of the other speaker wires too. Does anyone have a diagram of the wiring harness so I will know which wires to tap into?
You may not be able to do what you want. Previous models with the upgraded sound systems which you no doubt have can't tap in before the amp. The signals from the factory HU are digital and are converted at the factory amp/cross over. You will need to tap in after the amp.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:59 PM
Gimpy

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

^^^^ this is true. If your tapping in after the factory amp/dsp you need a processor that sums your signals and creates a new output to go to your amp. If your only want a sub amp, no four channel for speakers, you might be able to tap off of the rear speakers if it is a full range signal. The sub signal will be crap to take a signal from as it is crossed over at the factory dsp.

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness Diagram