Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Wiring harness

Old 08-06-2012, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring harness

So I've got my system just about the way I want it. But I'm at my wits end with the bass roll off using the PAC AOEM-FRD24 and the factory HU. One minute the bass is there, the next it's gone.

So since I hardly use SYNC anyway, I'm going with an aftermarket HU. But I'm a but lost on to which harness I need since I don't want to retain SYNC.

The closest thing I can find is the Metra BT-5520. But both crutchfield and sonicelectronix only want to give me options for keeping SYNC. Which isn't my plan.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

how bad is the bass roll off with the pac24 adapter? I've just built my who system around this and am waiting on parts....
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM

With the factory HU, I can listen to it at a maximum of 6 double vertical lines. Or 12 if you count the double lines as singles. II II II II II II. Then the sub completely drops out along with all my mids in the door. Shut the radio off, the restart at lower volume.

Some people have no issues with the PAC, but apparently I'm the lucky one. I don't want to retain SYNC, I just want to know what harness I need as a basic hook up with the Pioneer DVD HU I have picked out to go with my Alpine 5 channel.

I guess nobody knows.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:04 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

I use the PAC and don't have the issues you do. Have you checked the gains on the PAC? Maybe they are too low. I have mine mid way and the gain on my amp is as low as it goes because the bass from a single 10" is so overpowering in my SC
Old 08-08-2012, 09:26 PM

Yeah, the gains on the PAC are right in the middle. And the amp gains are set to about 40%. If I try use the bass boost, it shuts off almost immediately.

Now that I've been looking at aftermarket HU though, I'm ready to move on. Just looking for the correct harness. Regardless of whether it retains SYNC or not is irrelevant because I hardly use it now.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM

I am in the same boat as you were in...what harness did you end up using?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring harness