Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Wire Runs

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Wire Runs

For anyone that has run wires from the factory amp to the back wall...How difficult is it? I've got to pull the center console to get at the amp. From there I've got to cut wires and run wires to the back wall, where they'll input into a processor. Processor into 4-channel and mono block, etc.

I don't believe I'll have to pull the head unit for this install and I had a peek up under the driver's side dashboard. I'm wondering where to run the wires before they get to the channel along the driver's side to the back.

BTW, 2012 Screw w/nav
Old 09-12-2012, 01:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have the Sony system? If so, I don't know crap about it. Amp under center console?

I don't have the Sony... 6 CD basic system.

I ran a 18-guage 9 wire from the HU to the rear wall. Into Processor (which is overkill for my HU (summing wasn't needed)) then into Amps, and then out to speaker wires I ran. I didn't use OEM wires for speakers.

If you look up my build, you'll see what I did. (https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2011-f...nstall-157038/)
Old 09-12-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, I have the Sony system. It's just a matter of getting all those wires over to that door channel.

Nice job on your build, BTW. That looks like there's a lot of good info in that thread.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's not hard at all to get to behind the HU. Running from the back wall, up the side and over to the HU is slightly time consuming, but not difficult.

Quick Reply: Wire Runs