Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Wich wires are for Backup Camera on 2014 XLT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 11:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wich wires are for Backup Camera on 2014 XLT?

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2014 XLT SuperCrew w/Sync and 4.2" screen and I want to install an aftermarket radio that supports Backup camera (RCA input) and I need some guidance on which wires to tap into from the current harness and how to wire them to the RCA plug.

Any light on the subject will be very welcome.

Thanks

M.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump
Old 10-30-2014, 11:56 AM
F150 Vendor

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

I don't know the wiring behind the display but at the rear camera harness it looks like this:

NOTE: 2011-2014 are the same pinout at the camera.

Pin 2 = Camera + (center core of RCA) (White/Green)
Pin 3 = Camera - (Outer core of RCA) (Brown/Violet)

Unfortunately I can't tell you where they terminate in the cab since you have the 4.2" display so with this information you will have to splice in an RCA at the back and run it into the cab.

Alternatively you could use a long wire and a continuity tester to figure it out but that would take longer than just running an RCA along your frame and popping in through the rubber grommet in the firewall.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
camera-source.com
888-844-9763
Old 10-30-2014, 03:18 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

I have read that others have spliced into the cable at the drivers footwell. Look for a cable that looks for a coax.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:56 PM

Received 304 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by camera-source.com
I don't know the wiring behind the display but at the rear camera harness it looks like this:

NOTE: 2011-2014 are the same pinout at the camera.

Pin 2 = Camera + (center core of RCA) (White/Green)
Pin 3 = Camera - (Outer core of RCA) (Brown/Violet)

Unfortunately I can't tell you where they terminate in the cab since you have the 4.2" display so with this information you will have to splice in an RCA at the back and run it into the cab.

Alternatively you could use a long wire and a continuity tester to figure it out but that would take longer than just running an RCA along your frame and popping in through the rubber grommet in the firewall.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
camera-source.com
888-844-9763

Thanks for the post but how does this match up with the straight 1- 6 plug that plugs directly into the camera? Also do you know which is + 12v and - ground?

I have a camera off a 2014 trying to wire up i have video but it is blurry.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:57 AM

Received 304 Likes on 178 Posts

Are there atleast any ford techs that can assist? I would like to get this figured out.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:47 PM

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Having this same dilemma since I installed a Kenwood DNX691HD HU. No real solution to the wiring, i'm not going in blindly cutting wires unless I know exactly what i'm cutting into. Even bought a Haynes manual for this very purpose. Guess what isin' listed....rear view camera schematic! I'm going to go by the local Ford dealership soon and see if I can buy a copy of the schematic for the rear view system to finish this thing up.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Heel70
Having this same dilemma since I installed a Kenwood DNX691HD HU. No real solution to the wiring, i'm not going in blindly cutting wires unless I know exactly what i'm cutting into. Even bought a Haynes manual for this very purpose. Guess what isin' listed....rear view camera schematic! I'm going to go by the local Ford dealership soon and see if I can buy a copy of the schematic for the rear view system to finish this thing up.
I think Maestro can retain the rear view camera
Old 04-09-2015, 06:03 AM

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

I've got the Maestro unit installed, display still on rear-view mirror. I'm trying to tap into the video from the camera to also display on the Kenwood Nav screen. Suppose like a few have allready said I need to look for a co-ax type cable in drivers footwell supposedly. I would just like to know exactly what cable (color or pinout#) before I go into it.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Heel70
I've got the Maestro unit installed, display still on rear-view mirror. I'm trying to tap into the video from the camera to also display on the Kenwood Nav screen. Suppose like a few have allready said I need to look for a co-ax type cable in drivers footwell supposedly. I would just like to know exactly what cable (color or pinout#) before I go into it.
I know this has been discussed before. Have you tried a search?

Quick Reply: Wich wires are for Backup Camera on 2014 XLT?