Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

whistling

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whistling

hey everyone i have two 10 in subs run by a 460 watt amp. I also have a compacitor but thats where my problem comes in i beleive. Sometimes my system works great but more timees then not my system wont come on. When this happens theres a whistling sound coming from eiher my speakers or my compacitor. It almost sounds like a supercharger. The more gas i give the truck the louder the whistle gets. Sometimes it whistles even when my amp and my compacitor are on but my subs arent hitting. Another thing it does is the compactior makes a loud beep noise because is only pushing 8 volts when its usually 13-14. Is my compacitor bad? It cant be my amp becuase its brand new. I checked all the wires and everythings hooked up right.

please help
Old 06-18-2008, 01:26 AM

most likely a ground issue. That would explain the low voltage on the Cap and the Whisling. Make sure your gound is clean and if possible ground it to something that is attached directly to the frame.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:28 PM

man i just wanna thank you alot...i missed the ground wire when i searched for everything because i never thought there would be anything wrong with it. Come to find out it was just barely touching what i had it grounded too....TON OF HELP!!!

much appreciated
Old 06-23-2008, 11:33 PM

No problem

Quick Reply: whistling