Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Where to mount fuse block?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where to mount fuse block?

I am about to install a Sound Integrity BM MKIV sub in my F150 Supercrew. I have purchased a LC2i to pull signal from the rear speakers and plan to use my current Memphis Audio PR 1.500 mono amp. I also picked up some Knu Koncepts amplifier wiring kit.

In the past I have always mounted the fuse block for the amplifier power wire in the engine bay near the battery. This puts it in the elements, was never really a fan, but that is how I have always seen it done.

The other day, I saw a picture of completed aftermarket install and the fuse block was mounted to the back wall (behind seat back) next to the amp. Is the acceptable?

I would much rather have it mounted inside the cabin out of the elements.

If it is mounted in the engine bay for safety reasons, so be it. I will live with it.

Would love to know if it is acceptable to mount inside the cabin.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2015, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00_Lifted
I am about to install a Sound Integrity BM MKIV sub in my F150 Supercrew. I have purchased a LC2i to pull signal from the rear speakers and plan to use my current Memphis Audio PR 1.500 mono amp. I also picked up some Knu Koncepts amplifier wiring kit.

In the past I have always mounted the fuse block for the amplifier power wire in the engine bay near the battery. This puts it in the elements, was never really a fan, but that is how I have always seen it done.

The other day, I saw a picture of completed aftermarket install and the fuse block was mounted to the back wall (behind seat back) next to the amp. Is the acceptable?

I would much rather have it mounted inside the cabin out of the elements.

If it is mounted in the engine bay for safety reasons, so be it. I will live with it.

Would love to know if it is acceptable to mount inside the cabin.

Thanks
If the have a fuse block inside the cab that is more than likely done when you have a capacitor setup inside and are powering two amps ie through a fused distribution block. The reason why fuse block is mounted in the engine bay is for safety reasons in case of any power wire issues the fuse will pop under the hood instead of allowing a hot powerwire potentially start a fire in your cabin. Therefore the rule of thumb has always been 12 to 18inches from the battery for the fuse block to be installed/connected.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was my thinking. Just was not sure.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Put the main mine fuse under the hood and the fuse distribution block behind the seat.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ls67nova
Put the main mine fuse under the hood and the fuse distribution block behind the seat.
This.
That's what I did anyway.

Quick Reply: Where to mount fuse block?