Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Where to locate amp(s) in 2008?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where to locate amp(s) in 2008?

I have two medium to large amps that I need to mount in my 2008 Crew Cab and wanted to know where people have been mounting their amps. I have heard under the passenger seat or on the rear wall behind the back seat.

This article http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...2006_F150.html
mentions how to remove the back seat on 04-08, but it is for the SuperCrew. It also mentions that there is sufficient room to mount amps on the back wall (my preferred location). I do not know if there is a difference in the physical dimensions of a the available room behind the seat of a Super Crew versus a Crew Cab, but maybe you do?

I am almost positive that under the seats will not work for these two amps. They are McIntosh amps. I got a great deal on them, and purchased them without verifying the available room to mount. I have other vehicles to use these in, but I drive the F150 most often. Sure would love to make this happen.

I will be using a JL audio stealthbox where the current factory sub is located so I dont think under that seat is an option. The second rear seat (passenger side) is where the jack tools are located so I don't think that is an option.

Anyone mounted amps in the read floor? I guess that means custom cuts?

Any room under the center console?

I can roll my sleeves up and measure/investigate all of these areas better, but I am on Day 1, and just thought I would ask here first.

FYI, I did do a search before posting.

Also, photos of your amp locations would be great.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:52 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I didn't read you entire post so just to point that out, its saturday Im drunk so here we go.

Most people mount them on the rear wall, facing the bed. I'm not quite sure how people have done this but if I remember tmrw I will look up how it was done, removing the seats etc.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

great, another worthless post from this guy^ LOL
Old 02-10-2008, 12:58 AM

I'll remember that^

Are all of my post that useless or are you just trying to capture my post ***** throne?
Old 02-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Ty

Im not sure, after reading your other post, Im not 100% sure you will rember it in the morning, lol

I wouldnt mind hearing that story....
Old 02-10-2008, 01:06 AM

Here is the clifnotes version:
Party at this house, same as last week.
People freaked that the cops would come, I got a call saying a cop was in the area.
A cop actually came and we split out the back and ran in the woods.
I am up on this hill with some friends and my ****ing truck won't unlock for some reason, I dropped the remote earlier and its all jacked up.
I get a ride with another friend.
We go back my truck will that now unlock so I split.
We meet up with all the other people at a local fast food place.
I go back to the house to see if the cops are there and now there are two with a helicopter in the ****ing air.
I call and tell ppl whose trucks are there that they are ****ed and drop a chick off and go home. haha

Last edited by LovetheTide; 02-10-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:14 AM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

ahh, to be young again. sound like an exciting night.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Ty

there are some pictures near thre bottom of this site, its the best I could come up after looking for 15 minutes

http://www.necevil.com/gallery/index.php/Ian's%20Truck/Truckputer?level=album&id=20

from What I have found while looking for a pictuer for you, you are suposed to mount them on a peice of mdf, not attech them directly to the metal of the truck.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for getting the thread back on track. And thanks for posting that link! It is perfect. I have the exact same truck (identical color too, not that that matters). I see how he mounted his amps. And those amps are either the same size as mine, or larger than mine. Perfect! This gives me some confidence going forward.

The only thing I did not see is the seat put back into position. I will assume there were no issues there. With such a small space, it makes me wonder if I should not also prepare to put a couple of fans with the amps.

Thank you again!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Ty

it woudl nt be hard to wire up say two small computer case fans to run off of dc voltage, especially if you ran it off of the controll wire to the amp, so that when the amp is on, the fans would always be on.

Im glad I could help.

Quick Reply: Where to locate amp(s) in 2008?