Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

where do you mount your subwoofer amp adjustment knob?

Old 03-01-2015, 08:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default where do you mount your subwoofer amp adjustment ****?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500RUXK...-RUX-****.html I'm thinking about getting the above. But I'm debating where to mount it. This all comes from listening to a variety of music from classic rock to semi-current EDM. Unfortunately, pretty much everything recorded older than 25 years ago was analog, or at least was mixed so that bass under 40-45 hz was muted. Songs recorded more recently than that have 'proper bass' in the lower hz range. So I'm stuck. Right now, I have my gain on my subwoofer amp set to be appropriate for current music. But when I put in some old 'classic rock', it's just missing the low end (because it was never recorded there, and back in the day, you just pressed the 'loudness' button on your stereo to try to make up for it). I want to be able to make for the lack of bass in the old music, but be able to hear current music that isn't 'over the top'. So, time for a subwoofer amp-gain ****. So where do you mount your subwoofer adjustment *****?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:35 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by nethole
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500RUXK...-RUX-****.html I'm thinking about getting the above. But I'm debating where to mount it. This all comes from listening to a variety of music from classic rock to semi-current EDM. Unfortunately, pretty much everything recorded older than 25 years ago was analog, or at least was mixed so that bass under 40-45 hz was muted. Songs recorded more recently than that have 'proper bass' in the lower hz range. So I'm stuck. Right now, I have my gain on my subwoofer amp set to be appropriate for current music. But when I put in some old 'classic rock', it's just missing the low end (because it was never recorded there, and back in the day, you just pressed the 'loudness' button on your stereo to try to make up for it). I want to be able to make for the lack of bass in the old music, but be able to hear current music that isn't 'over the top'. So, time for a subwoofer amp-gain ****. So where do you mount your subwoofer adjustment *****?
Had mine mounted to the left of the steering wheel
Old 03-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Gimpy

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

where do you mount your subwoofer amp adjustment knob?-image-2978107877.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Jacob5.0 (10-15-2022)
Old 03-02-2015, 09:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I mounted mine on the kick panel below the steering column.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine doesn't have the center console so I put it in the cubby where the USB ports are. Easy to get to and out of site.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:54 PM

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

In the right cubby, hole is on the top of the pocket towards the back that way when/if I sell it, you wont see the hole in the dash after I remove it.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: where do you mount your subwoofer amp adjustment knob?