Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

wanting to go with new system but not too dramatic.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting to go with new system but not too dramatic.

Need some information on what type system i should instal in my 06 fx4. Ive done a considerable amount of research and based on lack of knowledge just not having much luck. Im figuring a budget of about 1200$. I would like to have 2 12's but would settle with 10's. I found a couple of prebuilt sub boxes with subs already mounted for a reasonable price I think they were kicker subs. But these subs were down firing. Is the upward firing better someone please help im lost. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bart4
Need some information on what type system i should instal in my 06 fx4. Ive done a considerable amount of research and based on lack of knowledge just not having much luck. Im figuring a budget of about 1200$. I would like to have 2 12's but would settle with 10's. I found a couple of prebuilt sub boxes with subs already mounted for a reasonable price I think they were kicker subs. But these subs were down firing. Is the upward firing better someone please help im lost. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Well first off is your truck a super cab or crew cab... are you wanting to do a new head unit, if so single din or double din touch screen and do you want nav and bluetooth....are you wanting to replace your factory door speakers and if so will you want to run a 4-channel to power them? Also are you looking for a system to really pound or something that will just sound really good?
Old 02-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great budget!!

what you need is the following

2 sets of 6.5 components (kicker ks, phoenix gold rsd, re audio re's are good brands)
1 4 channel amp to work with the speakers you choose
i suggest 2 dc sound lab level 2's (10's or 12's is your choice www.dcsoundlab.com)
for amps you have lots of choices...but remember quality is key, and there is a good chance the amp you pick wont put out rated power

some good 4 gauge minimum (knukonceptz is my choice, use 0 gauge if you can)
some knukonceptz rca's and speaker wire

and if your wanting a nav deck kenwood is only way to go
Old 02-20-2009, 11:56 PM

Default system

thanks for the info, Im installing it into a extended cab 06 f150. So when buying a box for the subs i was told that there were only a few subs that would fit under the bench seat in the back without having to raise the seat?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:59 PM

Default system

Originally Posted by groundthumper18
Well first off is your truck a super cab or crew cab... are you wanting to do a new head unit, if so single din or double din touch screen and do you want nav and bluetooth....are you wanting to replace your factory door speakers and if so will you want to run a 4-channel to power them? Also are you looking for a system to really pound or something that will just sound really good?
yeah wanting to replace the front speakers and install a kenwood indash dvd. I would like to go with 12's any ideas?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Car Audio Junkie

i strongly suggest the dc sound lab woofers- level 2

www.dcsoundlab.com

email rusty on there, tell him logan (loganberry) sent you and he will get you taken care of i prromise
Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 AM

thanks for that man Hey will a pair of 12's fit under the back seat if so what brand?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Car Audio Junkie

yes in the right box two lvl 2 12"s will fit
Old 02-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Well with your budget you do have alot of choices. First off when working on a budget you really have to do your research and make sure you are getting the best deal for your money. I have found that if you buy from a reputable dealer on ebay you will get your best deals. Here is a package that I put together to fit your budget

Subs- 2 JL Audio 10W3-V2 $249.95 for both not each

Amps- Kicker zx350.4 $184.15 this is your 4 channel to power your door speakers
Kicker zx500.1 $219.95 this is your sub amp

Head Unit- Pioneer Avic-F700BT $449.99 this is just my personal preference because I like the navigation software better....once again this is just my preference but the kenwood unit I used to have used garmin Navi software which i just dont care for.

Door Speakers- 2 JL Audio TR650-CSi 99.95 each...one thing you have to consider here is the the stock door speakers in the F150 are 6x8 so your best bet here is to go with a 5x7 which will just screw right into the stock holes. Using 6.5" speakers may requite some modifications to be made to the stock mounting locations.

If you have any questions let me know!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Car Audio Junkie

you can get the dc's for cheaper than that, and there better ...i suggest other door speakers too but other than that nice list

Quick Reply: wanting to go with new system but not too dramatic.