Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Upgrading Audio

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Ford for life!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Upgrading Audio

Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on this before I go out and by all the equipment. Had sony audio system but replacing it all because its crap, and didnt have nav because I already planned on upgrading to an aftermarket screen. Do not care for sync, everything on the kenwood works just as good.

Currently have the Kenwood Dnx7180 Nav
  1. Focal 130A1 5.25" 4ohm Components for fronts...50Wrms rated, will use factory tweet location and install crossover in door panel.
  2. Focal 570CA1 5x7 4ohm coaxials for rears...60Wrms rated.
  3. 2 12" 4ohm Kicker Cvt's (already owned) in a sealed box fit under my rear seat.
  4. Alpine MRP F300 4 channel amp...50Wrms x 4 @ 4ohms
  5. Kicker ZX750.1 mono block...750Wrms @ 2ohm load which i will be using.
Currently have a 4AWG power wire ran to the back of the truck and not sure if that'll be enough to power both amps, i dont mind upgrading to a 2AWG but if i dont have too that just makes things a lil bit easier. Will be using a fused distro block along with main fuse @ battery and wiring separate grounds for each amp. I plan on wiring new 16AWG to my speakers and drilling through the damn molex plugs but saw a couple forums of ppl doing it and its tedious but not to bad. Also plan on dyno mat in the door panels along with speaker baffles to help with sound. Going to get the swi jack to attach to the metra harness I have already. Big project but doable. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Upgrading Audio