Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Tying Together Interfacing cables for different devices.... Can it be done??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 03:15 PM
2013 Ruby Red FX4 SCrew

Received 248 Likes on 156 Posts

Default Tying Together Interfacing cables for different devices.... Can it be done??

I have a 2010 FX4 with no Nav or Sync and basic stereo. I have recently installed a CRUX bluetooth interface in my truck for my wife for her cell phone. It has the proper interfacing cables so I can use my radio controls to access the CRUX/Cell phone. Audio through stereo, mic installed,,,,etc.

I installed two sets of these speakers, but I want more from my system.

I am now looking at installing an amplifier. I dont want a hell-of-a lot so I am thinking of an Alpine ktp-445U amp and a PAC aoemfrd24 harness.

My question is: Can I interface the harness of the CRUX to the PAC Harness and then into my radio? Since both harnesses are made for my truck, I would think I can plug one into the other and then into the radio.

Any thoughts????

Thanx for any input....

Last edited by FordEver; 12-12-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FordEver
I have a 2010 FX4 with no Nav or Sync and basic stereo. I have recently installed a CRUX bluetooth interface in my truck for my wife for her cell phone. It has the proper interfacing cables so I can use my radio controls to access the CRUX/Cell phone. Audio through stereo, mic installed,,,,etc.

I installed two sets of these speakers, but I want more from my system.

I am now looking at installing an amplifier. I dont want a hell-of-a lot so I am thinking of an Alpine ktp-445U amp and a PAC aoemfrd24 harness.

My question is: Can I interface the harness of the CRUX to the PAC Harness and then into my radio? Since both harnesses are made for my truck, I would think I can plug one into the other and then into the radio.

Any thoughts????

Thanx for any input....
As long as its all inline I don't see it being a problem simply because you wont have any power or resistance issues...

Are you looking to install the KTP-445U using the AOEMFRD? Just trying to wrap my head around it.

CRUX inline with radio hardness > PAC AOEM inline with CRUX and radio harness > PAC AOEM to KTP445U?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM
2013 Ruby Red FX4 SCrew

Originally Posted by jbone14
As long as its all inline I don't see it being a problem simply because you wont have any power or resistance issues...

Are you looking to install the KTP-445U using the AOEMFRD? Just trying to wrap my head around it.

CRUX inline with radio hardness > PAC AOEM inline with CRUX and radio harness > PAC AOEM to KTP445U?
Yes I am looking to install the KTP-445U using the AOEMFRD and as far as harnesses go I was thinking factory harness to AOEMFRD to CRUX to radio.

Dunno if order of cable arrangement would matter?????

Sorry for the confusing post... I was getting confused while typing it

BTW... Thanx for the reply

Last edited by FordEver; 12-12-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 PM

Yes I am looking to install the KTP-445U using the AOEMFRD and as far as harnesses go I was thinking factory harness to AOEMFRD to CRUX to radio.

Dunno if order of cable arrangement would matter?????

Sorry for the confusing post... I was getting confused while typing it

BTW... Thanx for the reply
hehe no worries, I dont think you should have any problems with doing that as it would all be inline... Its good & bad that Alpine decided to change the KTP445U to only accept RCA level inputs as opposed to the last generation which accepted hi-level as that would be easier and less costly I believe than purchasing the AOEM.

PS. I commonly type something out confused as well, thinking what am I saying here?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 PM
2013 Ruby Red FX4 SCrew

hehe no worries, I dont think you should have any problems with doing that as it would all be inline... Its good & bad that Alpine decided to change the KTP445U to only accept RCA level inputs as opposed to the last generation which accepted hi-level as that would be easier and less costly I believe than purchasing the AOEM.

PS. I commonly type something out confused as well, thinking what am I saying here?
Thanx for the info.

Reading what yoiu said about about hi/low amp levels and purchasing the AOEM, would there be a better way. Better meaning cheaper.

Basically I just want my Pioneers to sound like Poineers and not tin cans with balloons stretched over them?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

aftermarket head unit...
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 PM

Thanx for the info.

Reading what yoiu said about about hi/low amp levels and purchasing the AOEM, would there be a better way. Better meaning cheaper.

Basically I just want my Pioneers to sound like Poineers and not tin cans with balloons stretched over them?
Sorry by hi/lo I was referring to the input type, hi-level being speaker wire and lo-level being rca. The KTP-445U was recently converted to lo-level input in the newest generation where as the previous gen you could get either or. It would be less expensive and you would get the same outcome by using the BT-5520 harness, its very easy to use this instead of the AOEM. The AOEM would be a time saver for sure but who doesn't like to have some fun splicing wires and getting there hands in there!

Hope that makes sense!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:27 AM
2013 Ruby Red FX4 SCrew

Sorry by hi/lo I was referring to the input type, hi-level being speaker wire and lo-level being rca. The KTP-445U was recently converted to lo-level input in the newest generation where as the previous gen you could get either or. It would be less expensive and you would get the same outcome by using the BT-5520 harness, its very easy to use this instead of the AOEM. The AOEM would be a time saver for sure but who doesn't like to have some fun splicing wires and getting there hands in there!

Hope that makes sense!
So if I can get an amplifier similar to the one I am thinking about which can handle amplified (speaker level) signals as opposed to preamp signals, I should just be able to put the amp in line between the radio speaker outputs and the speakers.... correct?

Last edited by FordEver; 12-13-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 PM
2013 Ruby Red FX4 SCrew

Originally Posted by fx4phil
aftermarket head unit...
I was thinking that way for awhile. But I decided to make as quick and easy as possible. I already have bluetooth installed. So alls I am looking is a better sound. Thought better speakers would be a "Fix All", but not the case. So I am hoping an amp will be my new "Fix All"..

But I still think that eventually I am gonna rip it all out and get a good aftermarket Head Unit. Then you can say.. "I told Him So"....

Last edited by FordEver; 12-13-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 PM

So if I can get an amplifier similar to the one I am thinking about which can handle amplified (speaker level) signals as opposed to preamp signals, I should just be able to put the amp in line between the radio speaker outputs and the speakers.... correct?
Absolutely, you'll take the BT-5520 and cut it in half almost literally, output from headunit into KTP and then output from KTP is self explanatory. No factory wires cut

Quick Reply: Tying Together Interfacing cables for different devices.... Can it be done??