Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Trying to install myself

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to install myself

I was thinking of installing this setup in my 11' XLT and keeping my stock HU. I don't want anything hard hitting and roof shaking. I listen to rock and hip hop. Is this setup ok? I'm a beginner with audio equipment, so please bare with me. I will be getting all this from crutchfield.

Amp: Rockford Fosgate Prime R600-5
5-channel car amplifier — 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

Speakers: Rockford Fosgate Punch P1683
6"x8" 3-way car speakers.
power range: 6-65 watts RMS (130 watts peak power)

Still haven't decided on a sub. Any comments or suggestions on what sub may work or if I should change anything? Thanks!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:25 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

I was in the same boat as you with the crappy stock system. I mainly listen to rock, country, and a little bit of R&B. I just had the following installed (since I am technically unsavvy):

- 2 sets of Pioneer TS-G6844R 6"x8" 2-way car speakers - Kicker- 10" Single-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer with Enclosure Model: TC104 - Kicker- DX Series 500W Class D Digital Mono MOSFET Amplifier with Low-Pass Crossover

Still have factory HU and tweeters. Sounds 1000% better than stock setup. Great for my needs. Still trying to get the amp set right. The single 10" hits HARD.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Trying to install myself