Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Total noob question (2018 Lariet)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total noob question (2018 Lariet)

I just ordered my first F-150, trading in my tundra. I am looking to upgrade my system this fall. Is it possible to hook up an iphone directy to an amp? I was thinking of replacing doors with components and a sub or two under the seat. I would keep my dash speakers hooked up incase i ever wanted to listen to talk radio. I have a basic understanding about car electronics, I just dont want to get into splicing every wire in the dash. Besides, it seems like people have issues with dsp's. TIA
Old 06-15-2018, 12:02 PM

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Why do that when the iPhone can be an input (source) to the system? Replace speakers or do whatever you want but the audio system is already set up to accept audio signal from your phone into the USB.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:56 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

and via bluetooth.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:27 PM

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

I could see a high end system wanting to avoid Bluetooth due to compression and reduced data transfer speed and therefore slightly reduced fidelity. Really nit picking in a vehicle system though...
If you are using Bluetooth you will drain the phone battery so if you are plugging the phone in to charge why not just use the wire to transfer the data stream too?
Many references online like this one here: https://www.lifewire.com/bluetooth-a...ctions-4076519

Quick Reply: Total noob question (2018 Lariet)