Total noob question (2018 Lariet) - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Total noob question (2018 Lariet)

Old 06-15-2018, 11:28 AM

Default Total noob question (2018 Lariet)

I just ordered my first F-150, trading in my tundra. I am looking to upgrade my system this fall. Is it possible to hook up an iphone directy to an amp? I was thinking of replacing doors with components and a sub or two under the seat. I would keep my dash speakers hooked up incase i ever wanted to listen to talk radio. I have a basic understanding about car electronics, I just dont want to get into splicing every wire in the dash. Besides, it seems like people have issues with dsp's. TIA
Old 06-15-2018, 12:02 PM

Why do that when the iPhone can be an input (source) to the system? Replace speakers or do whatever you want but the audio system is already set up to accept audio signal from your phone into the USB.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:56 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

and via bluetooth.

Hush Car Audio - www.hushcaraudio.com
Authorized dealers for Morel, Hertz, Audison, JL Audio, Second Skin, Focal, Audio Control, Mosconi, Skar Audio, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, Viper, and more. PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:27 PM

I could see a high end system wanting to avoid Bluetooth due to compression and reduced data transfer speed and therefore slightly reduced fidelity. Really nit picking in a vehicle system though...
If you are using Bluetooth you will drain the phone battery so if you are plugging the phone in to charge why not just use the wire to transfer the data stream too?
Many references online like this one here: https://www.lifewire.com/bluetooth-a...ctions-4076519

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Total noob question (2018 Lariet)

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: