Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

SYNC 3 3.0 and JBL concert ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 09:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SYNC 3 3.0 and JBL concert ?

Hello,

I’m fairly new: but not new to wanting good or updated sound. 2018 XLT scab 302a 8” 7 speakers. I’m somewhat limited financially so I want to make this work with what I have ordered.
i just bought JBL concert system from “Crutch” since it was $400. I also have extra new 6x9 coaxials: high sensitivity and low impedance, front door speakers that will match, to upgrade the jbl package 6x8s. I also bought sound deadening that will go in doors/ back or floor of cab to make this better: NVX 90 mil 40 sq. ft. I updated SYNC 3 to 3.0

I am in at $400 for jbl and $80. for NVX, the 6x9 front door speakers were $40. from ‘online car stereo’.

Question:
1. Did this SYNC3 3.0 update change the ACM which will impact the programmed dsp of the jbl?
2. Should I put the NVX dampening under the down-firing Jbl sub also?
3. Do I need to get into Forscan for an EQ change? I haven’t done anything with Forscan yet.

I am also reaching out to hushcaraudio for his abs panels for the doors.

My my goal is to play rock cds or use Pandora, since Sirius sucks. I like to have complete audio content but I don’t need extra LOUD. I’m trying to spend the least while getting the best benefit for my effort. I’ll do the install myself.

I appreciate answers to my questions.

thanks,
Amabeetle
Old 12-07-2018, 07:13 AM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts

1. No
2. Not necessary, but 40sqft is quite a bit. I'd cover all 4 doors and back wall first. With the leftover, cover as much of the floor as you can.
3. No

Also, I wouldn't change the speakers from what comes with the kit. The DSP is programmed specifically for use with the included speakers. I doubt swapping to the 6x9 would have any real negative impact, but I don't think it would really make a noticeable improvement either.

Last edited by tenx82; 12-07-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Quick Reply: SYNC 3 3.0 and JBL concert ?