Subwoofer Replacement Question - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!

Subwoofer Replacement Question

Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #1

Default Subwoofer Replacement Question

I might get flogged for double posting but no one moved this from the 04-08 section so I apologize in advance.

I have the audiophile subwoofer and it's developed a rattle sort of sound at certain hits of the bass. I pulled the 8 inch sub and held it and it still rattled when I played bass through it so I determined it's the sub itself. There's no tears in the cone or the spider and I removed the grill that covered it (thinking it was bumping/vibrating against it) but it'll still rattle. I may replace it, but the connectors on my sub are spade terminals. I'm seeing after market subs have a totally different cylinder or square type terminals. How would I go about connecting the factory amp wires? Or would I need an adapter? I do have an after market head unit. I do plan on keeping the stock amp as it was good enough for me. I just hope it can drive a $60 sub without it sounding less good than the factory one.
LariatDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LariatDude View Post
I might get flogged for double posting but no one moved this from the 04-08 section so I apologize in advance.

I have the audiophile subwoofer and it's developed a rattle sort of sound at certain hits of the bass. I pulled the 8 inch sub and held it and it still rattled when I played bass through it so I determined it's the sub itself. There's no tears in the cone or the spider and I removed the grill that covered it (thinking it was bumping/vibrating against it) but it'll still rattle. I may replace it, but the connectors on my sub are spade terminals. I'm seeing after market subs have a totally different cylinder or square type terminals. How would I go about connecting the factory amp wires? Or would I need an adapter? I do have an after market head unit. I do plan on keeping the stock amp as it was good enough for me. I just hope it can drive a $60 sub without it sounding less good than the factory one.
The the spade terminals off and use bare wire to your new sub
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab View Post
The the spade terminals off and use bare wire to your new sub
Cut them off the factory wire and twist them into those connectors? I didn't know itd be that simple hahah! Thank you!
Old 10-21-2017, 03:23 PM   #4

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSS....html?tp=70205

Would this be adequate enough if I kept the stock amp? So long as it is as good or better than the factory sub I'd be fine with that.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LariatDude View Post
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSS....html?tp=70205

Would this be adequate enough if I kept the stock amp? So long as it is as good or better than the factory sub I'd be fine with that.
Sure
Wyo11Scab is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wyo11Scab For This Useful Post:
LariatDude (10-22-2017)