Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

sub box ideas?

Old 10-03-2009, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question sub box ideas?

pretty soon im gonna put a couple 12's in my truck and im trying to come up with a nice looking idea for sub box placement. im considering taking my backseat out and building a box to go back there, because i want it to look real good and i think itd be pretty cool if you could see the subs when you look back there, you know? but im a little nervous i might miss my backseat.. theres no way to place the subs where they can be seen, but still have the backseat is there? i have a 99 extended cab.

i guess its not even that huge of a deal if they can be seen or not, i just think itd be cool if there was a way.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:28 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Track down loganberry, he can point you in the right direction.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just run one sub in JL stealth box like I do. Works awsome and hits pretty darn hard.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:14 PM

When I had my ext cab I just put a bandpass in the backseat, lots of bass, and If I needed my backseat, i could stand the box on its side or take it out all together, worked great.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:43 PM

if you do decide to take your back seat out, custom mold a fiberglass sub box across the whole back... sand, bondo, sand, prime, paint. Im thinking of doing that, but i actually use my back seat a lot
Old 10-05-2009, 12:44 AM

thanks fo all the ideas. and yeah im kinda leaning towards taking it out. a fiberglass box would look so good back there. i use my backseat, but im thinkin i could go without it and not miss it too bad.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 AM

nice post some pics of the final product when your done
Old 10-13-2009, 08:45 PM
first or last

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you probably have the 60/40 split bench seat in the front or the ford center console, ever consider taking out the bench or console and building a sub box for in between the middle of the front seats, it looks cool and its a good arm rest, its what i did, check out my picture for ideas
Old 10-13-2009, 09:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by colton
pretty soon im gonna put a couple 12's in my truck and im trying to come up with a nice looking idea for sub box placement. im considering taking my backseat out and building a box to go back there, because i want it to look real good and i think itd be pretty cool if you could see the subs when you look back there, you know? but im a little nervous i might miss my backseat.. theres no way to place the subs where they can be seen, but still have the backseat is there? i have a 99 extended cab.

i guess its not even that huge of a deal if they can be seen or not, i just think itd be cool if there was a way.
Why don't you make a custom seat/box to where when you want to display your speakers you just pull the seats up something like your couch in your living room but secured some how or you can make them into the seat and have a plexiglass cover so they don't get damaged it would be a bit costly but way cool.

Last edited by SmokeStack; 10-13-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 PM
grease monkey

id try and hide them bitches rather have them in the open.

subs are one of the most commonly stole items.. sucks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sub box ideas?