Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

sub box

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default sub box

wat is better ported or sealed
Old 05-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it depends on the components and avalibility of room
Old 05-29-2007, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly.. If you are going to run an MDF box. I would go ported. But if you run a a ProBox. Then it would be sealed. And my honest opinion on that. Would be sealed. Cause I have 2 Polk Momo 10" DVC Subs. And a 975 Watt Polk Momo Monoblock amp. With a Sealed ProBox. And it will make your vision blurry. Plus it all depends on what kind of system you are going to be running to. Depends on wire brand. What ohm's you want to run. I mean there is alot of things you have to look into. What kinda of subs? And what size amp are you going to be running?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:30 PM

when i was trying to decide what to do(ported or sealed) in my car i was told if i listen to mostly rap go ported, anything else go sealed. with sealed you hit a lot more frequencys, but with ported you hit certain frequecies(lower ones) better and louder than you would with a sealed, but dont get as big of a range. at least thats what i understand anyway. go to caraudio.com and check their forums.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:37 AM

You are correct.. With a sealed box. It's better for like Trance/ Rock / Classic / Jazz / Heavy Metal / And all the mid range bass. If you listen to rap all the time. Ported is the way to go. Cause ported boxes bang alot harder just for the simple fact is the speakers are pretty much tuned to one range and thats low. But honestly sealed boxes sound better. You will eventually get tired of a ported box. Because they end up hitting to hard for your comfort.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 PM

i'm puttin 2 10'' kicker comps with a 1200 watt amp, and i listen to both types of music but i'm jus gonna buy a set from kicker with a ported box
Old 05-31-2007, 02:59 PM

You are going to rattle alot of stuff on the turck with a ported box. So it would be in your best interest to dynomat the truck first. Or go with a sealed box. Cause ported boxes tend to shake and rattle stuff pretty bad. But I would personally dynomat. It will help with your cab noise. And it will help the system sound alot better.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:58 PM

i jus bought the subs and box would it hurt anything to plug up the hole
Old 06-01-2007, 02:25 PM

You will love the sound of a ported box. It will sound awesome. The only thing is. People will hear things rattling outside the truck. But if you dynomat it will stop that. Just dynomat the back wall. And rear doors if you have them. And you wont get any rattle. But you will love the sound of a ported box. I went sealed so I wouldn't get the rattle. But I an soon to be putting 4 10's under the back seat. In a ported box. And I will be dynomatting the entire truck. So don't worry about plugging the holes.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:56 AM

about how much does the dynomat stuff cost

Quick Reply: sub box